Chapter 5

Jungkook gritted his teeth as he pocketed his Droid.

Daniel punched a number on his phone. "Sanha, we're ready. Keep talking till we get there." He sidled up close to Jungkook. "Grab on to me."

"You don't know how to - "

"Shh." Daniel covered his phone with his hand. "I've been a . . . you-know-what for only a few nights, and we've been busy with one meeting after another. I haven't had time to learn any of your damned tricks."

Jungkook nodded. And it looked like Daniel had neglected to tell his fellow team members about his transformation. "Give me the phone." He held out his hand.

Daniel hesitated.

"I have to hear the guy's voice to know where to go." Jungkook accepted the phone, then motioned toward Daniel's suitcase by the door. "Don't you need to take that?"

"Oh, right." Daniel hurried to the door.

With a grin, Jungkook grabbed his suitcase and teleported. He arrived in a living room that was sparsely furnished with what looked like rejects from a thrift store.

The other person in the room stopped talking in mid-sentence. His eyes grew wide. "What? Where's Daniel?"

Jungkook parked his suitcase next to the sagging couch of burnt-orange velvet, then set Daniel's cell phone on the scarred coffee table. He extended a hand toward the other guy. Yoon Sanha was a member of Sean's Stake-Out team, and he'd participated undercover in a reality show that Jungkook had hosted a few years back at the Digital Vampire Network.

"We've met before, remember? I'm Jeon Jungkook."

"Uh, yeah. I'm Sanha." He backed away, refusing to shake hands, his expression growing more confused. "Weren't you supposed to bring Daniel with you?"

"Damn." Jungkook slapped his leg. "I knew I was forgetting something."

Sanha winced. "Daniel's going to be really pissed."

"What else is new?" Jungkook pulled out his Droid and called Yoongi, who immediately put him on the speakerphone. "I'm at the safe house. Looks like Sanha is alone here. Is that true, Sanha? Are you alone?"

"Well . . . yeah, but - " Sanha gasped as four men materialized in the room. "What the - "

"This is Woozi and Sehun." Jungkook gestured toward the two Vamps and the shifters they'd brought with them. "I believe you've met Jimin before. And this is D.O. . They'll be in charge of security from now on."

Sanha flinched. "But that's my job! This is a CIA operation. You can't just take over like that."

"Dude." Jimin gave him a pointed look. "Are you going to argue with a werewolf and a were-bear?"

Sanha gulped as he eyed Sehun and D.O.. Jungkook bit his lip to keep from laughing. The shifters had both affected their steely-eyed, vicious looks.

Jimin rested an arm on Sanha's shoulder. "Let me give you some advice, bro. Keep the kitchen well stocked. You do not want to share your house with a hungry bear."

"I - I didn't realize shifters were real," Sanha whispered.

"Yeah, well, we're gonna trust you to keep quiet about that, bro." Jimin patted him on the back. "Or we'll have to wipe your memory clean for a year or so."

Sanha turned pale. "I can keep a secret."

"Good boy." Woozi smiled at him. "I'm going back now to report to Yoongi. Good luck to you all." He disappeared.

"Got any donuts?" D.O. lumbered toward the kitchen.

Sanha jumped out of his way. "There's a box on the counter. Eat all you want."