Chapter 2

BOB

I came back. Came back to the place where I could find answers I’ve been asking myself for the past three months. Could we still happen? Is it still worth a shot?

I rang her phone, finally. Someone answered!

“What is wrong with you?! Stubborn much?” we haven’t been talking much lately. She’s been avoiding me since the break up. It was a lame break up! I mean she dumped me because I was always late. That was it. 2 years went down the drain, just like that.

“Ah yes? I’ve been calling you like 20x now! What’s wrong with you!”

“Funny, that’s how much I’ve been avoiding you. What do you want Stanley?” ugh. I hate it when she calls me Stanley. It can only mean one thing, she’s on bitch mode. -_-

“Well, for starters. Im outside your house, can you go down here so we can talk, like grown ups?”

“Ah, yeah no thanks. I like my view here” then there she was, outside their balcony.

“okay then, if the cat can’t come down, the doggy will come up” then I smiled so big. She hates it when I do that. Man, I miss her!

“wait what?! No, shit, get down there, you’ll get me in trouble you idiot!” I started climbing the big white and green gate. I used to climb here before, I even got jailed for it, oh sweet childhood.

I held my phone while climbing up the walls. There was a maid who passed by and I quickly hid myself. Shit. When she was gone, I continued climbing the stiff wall. Man, this house is big.

“You’re an idiot! Get down Stanley!!!” I heard Karen screaming and freaking out over the phone.

When I finally landed on their big balcony, she punched my arm. “Ouch. You hit like a girl” I teased her. She chuckled then punched me again. “One more and I’ll-“ “You’ll what huh? You don’t threaten me idiot. What were you thinking?! Guards are all over this place! You could have been—“

I kissed her. She pushed me. I kissed her again.. longer, more passionate. I held her face.. “I missed you”

I hugged her, it’s been 3 months since I last did these things. What a wonderful feeling. I hugged her tighter. My girl, all mine, and in my arms again. I kissed her head, and smelled it.

“I never forgot the smell of your pheromones” and I sniffed her once again, feeling nostalgic with the smell. My girl..

“Stan, I-“

“Shh, let’s just enjoy the moment. Didn’t you miss me?” I asked her. We were just there, hugging each other. “And you young lady! Why did you reject my gift yesterday?! That was an expensive dress!” I felt sentimental about it so I gave it to someone else instead.

“Im rich. I don’t need bribes”

“wasn’t a bribe! T’was a gift.”

“Let me just get this out of my throat, we’re over. Why keep sending me gifts?” She walked 3 steps away from me.

“Because your reason was invalid! Really, Karen, let’s just fix this, come on” I tried to reach her hand but for some reason, she didn’t want me to hold it..

“There’s nothing to fix. We’re done. I mean, there’s so many things that goes against this.. there’s my dad, and our schedules and –“

“Pag gusto may paraan, you know that” What is wrong with her? Is it because I was too late? But could she have possibly moved on, was 3 months enough?

“Stan, I-“

“Love you. If you’re wondering what I have been doing these past few months, just know that there was never a day I didn’t think of you” She smiled faintly..then it vanished again.

“Do you love me, still?” please, say yes.. say yes, please!

“I-“

“Karen!! Where are you?” suddenly we heard footsteps from inside the house. Shit!

“Shit” Karen mouthed. She hid me beside the entrance. “Look, let’s talk some other time” she whispered. I might not have another chance to talk to her though..

“No, answer me. Do you still love me? Huh?” she was trying to push me away..

“Meet you at Seattle Café, 7pm on Friday. Will talk to you about something. Go now, that’s my dad!”

I went down the walls again. What could she possibly tell me when she can just say I love you now and then everything’s going to be alright? How hard could it be? Well, that is, if she still loves me right?

Guess I would have to wait for Friday then. I blew her a kiss, but she ignored it.

~

I turned around and faced the mirror. Look at that ass baby! Didn’t know I had it in me though. This dress is pretty neat! What a waste, Karen rejected this gift from Stan. Good thing Stan decided to give it to me, instead of throwing it away.

“well your pretty!” it was kuya Craig who passed by my door.

“Ahh, well, yeah, I borrowed it from a friend” I lied. Kuya came closer and kissed my forehead. “Sorry bunso, don’t worry, when I get a good job, Ill buy you anything you want” aww.

“no no! none of that talk! I’m fine as long as we can eat 5x a day..” I gave my kuya a reassuring look.

“Soon baby..” then kuya let out a big sigh. He's acting so weird today..

~

*phone rings*

“Craig? Yeah men, sup?”

“Stan, I need to tell you something”

~

“what the fuck? You’re leaving?” Stan exclaimed

“yeah” Craig was silent, unexcited about his impending departure

“pre si Pia, si pia. What about her?!” Stan confused with Craig’s sudden decision

“Yun na nga eh, yun na nga ang reason kung bakit ako tumawag sayo”

“What is it then?”

“ Can she stay at your house? Just for the mean time. You know we don’t know any of our relatives right?” Craig was hesitant, but he had no choice but to ask his best friend to look after his younger sister.

“Captain Duh. Of course! My mom would flip when she hears about this. But man, are you sure about this? Does PiaPie know?”

“Not yet, the storm’s just about to start” then Craig let out a large sigh.

~

Later that night..

”Kuya, kaya pa naman natin di’ba? Kaya pang i-push. Hindi mo naman kailangang gawin ‘to ih!!!” Craig ran out of comforting words to say, so he just hugged Pia tightly. There’s was nothing else she could do but cry.

"you're the only family I know." 

"You've watched lilo and stitch right?"

"Ohana means family! and family means---"

"nobody gets left behind" craig said

"Or forgotten" Pia whispered.

Craig was forcing himself not to cry, but in the end he gave in. He knew that leavinf for abroad would solve their problems. Pia could continue studying and they would have a better future.

Pia let out a tear and said.. "If we had a single relative, life wouldn't be this hard. We're a lost cause. We're both lost, and not one of them came to find us. What kind of family do we have kuya?"

Craig remained silent knowing that Pia was right. He was disgusted by the thought that none of their relatives knew them and came to find them. 

"One day, we will face them, and we will face them with pride. We don't need them, it's just you and me, forever and always.." then he kissed her forehead.

"Always, and forever"