03

. . . . .

"DA DA DA DA DADADADA DA DA~"

Sana's orange ponytail bounced with each step, now tied in lower pigtails with a faded pink ribbon. She sang her tune, skipping like Little Red Riding Hood heading to her grandmother's house. But nah, today was just a park day with her friends.

And me? I trailed along, unable to tear my eyes from her. Being a ghost had its perks, like passing through objects, but it couldn't ease the ache in my chest.

At the park, Sana dashed to her friends, pulling them into tight hugs and planting kisses on their cheeks. Lucky them.

My heart sank as I watched, a mix of envy and longing swirling within me. Was it because I lacked friends? Or because I couldn't hug her like they did, feeling that warmth?

Too little, too late, Tzuyu.

Among the familiar faces of Momo and Mina, there were two newcomers and one I recognized. Hey, Dahyun.

"Nayeon! Jeongyeon!" Sana's hugs squeezed the air from their lungs, their faces turning red from the tight embrace. "I missed you guys sooo much!"

"Sana... I- We can't- Sana, we can't breathe!" gasped the taller one, Nayeon, as Sana finally let go, apologizing with a sheepish grin.

"We missed you too, Sana," they chuckled.

They nestled among the children playing nearby, while Dahyun kept watch over Chaeyoung.

And me? I remained under a tree, feeling the weight of loneliness. Despite being close, I was a world apart, a ghost among the living, unable to join in their laughter and friendship.

Hours passed, yet I stayed rooted to my spot, even as they left for food. I chose to retreat home, unable to bear the silent ache of longing amidst Sana's vibrant joy, a ghost in her world, unnoticed and unseen.