Your Name

Sienna Trinh's POV

Dr. Emery was kind enough to give us today's day off and I had thought that I'd perhaps get to have some relaxing time with Felix, but the idea seems too unlikely now courtesy to my remarks regarding Felix's Dad. I won't defend myself at all. I knew that he dislikes Mr. Alexander. I should've not tried to persuade him to give his Dad a chance. Yeah, I don't exactly understand what he's going through because I personally always had a good relationship with my Dad. Sure, my Dad has always been insanely strict with both me and my sister and she always disliked it. She was the rule breaker and arguer in between us. She had arguments with Dad and Mom, I never did.

And also, the situations are completely different. My Father was around so much, that he almost became too overbearing at times and Felix's Dad was just never in the picture. I wish I hadn't hurt him like that!

My phone vibrates, bringing me out of my world of thoughts.

Mom

Worse, it is not even a normal call. It is a video call.

"Hey Mom! How are you doing?" I happily greet her, masking all my tensions with a fake smile plastered on my face.

"You tell me darling. Are you feeling better?" she is still just as concerned as she was last night.

"I am fine now, Mom!" I smile for her.

She shakes her head sadly "You always don't want us to worry, honey. We are worried for you"

"I know and trust me, I'm good. Hey! Why haven't you coloured your hair? Is that gray that I see on the front?" I quickly change the topic.

Mom pats her hair and smiles "Well, I haven't applied the dye in a long while"

"I like your hair, black okay! Better apply the dye soon"

"Oh! Here, talk to your Dad" she says, stuffing the phone in my Dad's hands.

He looks like he's just returned after shouting at someone, but I know that it's just how he looks in general. He still has pretty healthy and deep black hair, which is great for his age. Usually men start balding when they're 63. He's still not only in a pretty fit state, but also with a vigilant mind. Almost too vigilant.

"She is a strong woman, Marisol. She can handle herself. We didn't raise her to be a weakling" he narrows his eyes at my Mom. Only if you saw me crying in the closet last year, Sir...

"Why aren't you at work, Sienna?" he asks straight away.

"You must be joking, Hon! She went through so much last night. She deserves to rest!" I hear Mom's faint voice from behind.

Dad rolls his eyes and absolutely ignores what Mom said "Why are you home, Sienna?"

"My Boss, Dr. Emery gave us a day off" oh no! Oh no! I know what comes next.

"Us? You mean the boy's with you at home too and you two are alone together?" I knew it.

"He's not feeling well, Dad. He's asleep already" I lie efficiently, but I can swear on my life that my throat has immediately gone dry. I was never a good liar when it came to my Dad. Even now, Dad is staring at me with mistrust.

"Quan, honey you used to be an Engineer, but I can tell you that people mostly believe that you were either in the army or CIA. Would you stop interrogating your own girl?" Mom groans.

"I am asking because I care for her. She has already broken my faith in her by being in a relationship with that shrimp, Walter! That asshole only met us once and never again. I wonder what important business he was always up to" Dad growls furiously.