Carry on : A true story

This is my first story so no hate please ! Xxx this is also my story what happened to me when I was 10 I'm still going though it know I hope you like it! Xx btw the cover is me ! Xx lol

Jade.x

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 1 : Sophie Jones

Hello...... My name is Sophie jones I'm 12 years old and I'm gonna tell you my story that changed my life forever!I had an ordinary life friends, went to school, happily married parents everything until a few days before we went to Scotland to see are family everything changed Mum noticed that I was coming out in bruises we thought it was nothing at first.

We where driving to Scotland in the truck for 7 hours more like a life time! I drifted off to a deep slumber before realising that we have reached the high rise flats! Papa( Grandad ) waved us hello so did my Gran already she could tell that I didn't look right because I would usually go to the swimming that was across the road from the flats but weren't feeling up to it wish I went

Know !

I was constantly tired and I was all ways pale I didn't want to do anything even walking down the stairs made me feel warn out my weight was dropping a lot I had to admit I was a bit cubby.

As the few weeks past we had to go home I was dreading the drive home! My dad was picking up the suitcase it knocked me on the leg it didn't even hurt but I came out in a massive bruise we all knew that I had to check this out. We had another 7 hour drive yay ! Not....!

When we got back Mum rang the doctors to book an appointment for me . We went the next day. To be honest I was a bit worried but I didn't want to worry mum or dad. I was putting on a happy face just to show Mum that I was ok n that. What's wrong with

me?

We where in the doctors waiting for my name to come up on the giant tele I was pretty cool. I remember the doctor calling us in he said

" Well we are booking you an appointment to have a blood test at Colchester general " which was are local. " At 3."

He was a right old TWAT he was always sticking up his own arse! So we drove to the hospital while we was waiting I said to Mum

" Mum I'm not scared of the blood test just the answer! "

" don't worry it will be nothing it might just be that you have low bloods and that sort off thing"

I just hoped she was right. At the time I was only 10 but I was quite grown up for my age !

Next thing I knew the was a nurse sticking a giant needle in my arm she said

" If we see anything we will give you a call but if it's nothing then you won't hear anything OK? " t

Mum shouted thank you so did I.

When we got home my brother Joe he was 25 and had a little girl called lily who I love to bits Brought me back an easter egg but I didn't eat it which wasn't like me! About three hours later they rang back which made me a bit scared saying could you come up the doctors it's better we tell you here than on the phone at that point I felt like crying but I didn't I carried on. So we went walked up it was only round the corner. So again we waited for my name to come up this time it weren't as amusing.

As we walked in he wasn't being such a twat. He asked me to go out the room with mum or dad my dad chose to stay in mum came out with me. We where waiting out side the door when I heard my dad brake down in tears and the chair bashing against the floor!

He stormed out of there and told us the carry on walking I burst out in tears so was mum and dad I kept asking what's wrong with me but he was to upset to tell me quietly Dad said it was ..............

___________________________________________________________________________________

I know that was a really really really sort chapter but I wanted to keep the drama I would call that a chapter but a page oh well you may like it

Jade . X

......but he was to upset to tell quietly Dad said it was leukaemia I didn't know what that was but I still cried as we walked down the street my friend Kira asked if I was ok I blanked her out I couldn't Handel telling her I just wanted to go home. As we reached the driveway Dad told Joe and I have never seen Dad or brother cry as much as they did he ran up the ally way sobbing it was heart breaking!

When he came back we hugged but I had to go. I got in truck and dad drove to the hospital when we got there we had to go to the children's unit where I was still unaware of what this was! A woman welcomed us into the ward we started talking a lot about my blood cells and she asked if I knew what leukaemia was I said no, turns out that it was cancer that spread all around in my blood! It was APML a really rare bone marrow disease! When she said cancer my heart felt like it sunk into my stomach even worse that I was going to lose my hair.

After she was explaining about it they made an ambulance take us addenbrookes hospital in cambridge while we where driving tears feel down Mum cheek she held my hand and started crying that was the worse bit! That night they put a tube in my hand to pump platelets they where a blood cell into that tube!

Next day I was nil by mouth because they had to put a tube called a hicmon line into my heart and came out my chest.

Few weeks later I was really ill I was on different types of chemo!

At the time I was in year 5 my class sent me messages and post cards saying they miss me even this dreamy fit boy called Harrison who I have had a crush on but he will never go out with a girl like me I wouldn't blame him!

I met a lot of amazing children some who done really well and some that couldn't make it I knew almost everyone I had favourite nurses and the play team where amazing!