Chapter 3: So We Meet Again

It was a long and tiring day. I was so excited to go to cheer practice. I jogged to my locker and grab my book bag. I headed to the old gym ( Shortridge has two gyms. A old gym and a new gym. The new gym has two floors. While the old one is well...small ) and go down to the girls' locker room. I change quickly for I was eager to start practice. I change into my black jogging shorts and a pink v-neck. I gather all my hair up and put it in a ponytail. I was ready for this practice!
I walked up the stairs from the girls' locker room and into the gym. It was very small. The older cheerleaders introduce themselves. The one I disliked most though was Miah ,the captain, she seemed mean ass hell. We ran a few laps and stretched before they separated us into groups. Having the old cheerleaders teach the newcomers a quick dance. The leader of my group was dark , with long black braids and a big goofy smile. She looked like she was suppose to wear glasses.
"Hi I'm Makayla and I will be showing you guys the school dance." Makayla said overly excited.
After a while of her showing us the dance. She came up to me leaving everyone else to work on it individually.
"Hey"
"Hello.." I replied. Wondering why she came up to me personally.
"Aren't you Kg sister ?"
Oh that's why.
"Yea I am" I was starting to get tired of everyone asking me that.
"I firgued. you guys look just alike. But your way prettier than Kg is. But to be honest Tiger looks better than Kg. If you ask me." Makayla was rambling now.
I wanted to say no one freaking asked you. But I decided to hold my tongue. I can't afford to be fighting.
"Oh cool. "
For the rest of the practice Makayla was going on about how much she adore my brothers.
After practice , Makayla and I went to the cafeteria to wait for the after school bus. The 5 o'clock busses already left. So I had to wait for the 6 busses. It's not like I had a choice Kailen football practice is over at 6. I can't go home without him.
"Want some candy ?" Makayla and I were becoming good friends.
"Sure" I say. Thanking her after wards for the sour treat she afford me.
As I was eating I took that as a chance to observe the cafeteria. It wasn't that big. It had white cobblestone walls mixed with blue. Small round tables was everywhere. With six basic school chairs surrounding each table. My favorite part about the cafeteria was the long corridor that held that main four doors that allowed you to enter the cafeteria. Instead of walls it had windows on both sides of the corridor. So you could see the cafeteria on one side and the landscape on the other.
I turn to my phone looking for some music to distract me for these next 45 minutes. As I was going to put my headphones in Makayla yells , startling me.
"OMG! Look!" She exclaimed pointing in the direction of the long hallway.
I follow her finger. In the hallway was a group of Mexicans walking while tossing a soccer ball back and forth.
"What is it?" I ask clearly confused.
"The one in the front ! OMG he is the sexiest Mexican in this school."
I look again. I even had to squint this time. I have bad eyesight for gods sake.
In front of the group was a Mexican with a noticeable stubble. He had black , messy hair that just sat on top of his head. But it looked like it belonged there in a way. Plus, he was like 5 feet tall.
That's sexy ?
"Makayla you obviously have a bad taste in men. He's UGLY ! And he's like 5 feet tall!"
"Girl boo. He's cute. But not better than your brother. " She laughs. Soon I laugh too. Wow this girl was crazy. Makayla puts her headphones in her ears. I turn to see if the Mexicans was still in the hallway. They've disappeared. I turned back to the table and played 'flappy bird' on my phone. I wonder if Makayla has any candy left ?
~~~~~
After what seemed like forever. 6 o'clock finally came. Makayla had left long before though. Her mom had came to get her. I remembered her telling me the busses was separated. They had a west ,east ,south ,north and far west side bus. Each to take kids living on different sides of town home. I was suppose to ride the far west bus. Since I live by Ben Davis. I went out to where the busses were parked. I gasped at the sight. They were kids everywhere. Chasing each other , fighting , kissing . Two boys was chasing a small girl with pig tails and glasses. They zipped right pass me almost knocking me over. I start walking towards what I'm assuming what the far west bus was. As I'm approaching the bus I see Kailen coming back from football practice . Right on time. We board the bus. Kailen tells the bus driver our address when he's finished I hear boys from the back of the bus. Yelling for him to sit with them. He goes to the back of the bus and sits with his friends. I pick a seat closer to the front right by a air conditioner. It felt like 109 degrees outside. And since I didn't want to walk around in my booty shorts. I had put my school pants back on after practice. So of course I was hot ! I set my book bag down by my feet and looked out the window.kids was still boarding the bus. As I was reaching in my bag for my phone ,to make sure I didn't leave it in the cafeteria , I felt someone slam their book bag down in the empty space next to me.
"Is it alright if I sit here?"
I froze. I recognize that low husky voice. The voice I couldn't get out of my head ever since that summer. The summer that felt so long ago. I looked up from my bag at the tall dark skinned boy who had spoken to me.
It was Payton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry ! Sorry ! Sorry ! I know it took forever for me to update. I've been super busy. And I accidentally deleted my 3rd chapter so I had to re-type it. If that makes sense. Anyways I wanna shout out my crew. RBB they're reading my story :). So thanks CAMRY AND TAYLYNN !! I love you guys.
Don't forget to COMMENT.
Don't forget to VOTE .
Thanks loves xx ~ Nekia🎀