Chapter Six

Someone shakes my arm. I slap their hands away and turn onto my other side on my bed.

"Rawr," Argus says.

"Argus, go play somewhere else," I say.

He shakes my arm once more using his scaly hands.

"Argus... Can I at least get SOME sleep?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

He jumps into the air and starts jumping on my bed. My body bounces so high that My face hits the ceiling.

"Ow! What was that for!" I shout and glare at Argus.

He stops jumping and smiles.

"Good morning, sleepy head," says a familiar voice.

That person walks into my sight. It's Shoki!

"Seriously, man! How are you just everywhere?" I yell.

"How does your boyfriend know my number?" he asks and tosses me a pile of clothes. "He literally called me over just because he was hungry."

"What is this?" I ask.

"That's your adventurer outfit. Put that on," he answers.

I glare at him. He gives me a smile that makes me want to punch his pretty face.

"I'll go to the bathroom then," I say and head to the bathroom.

I look around and notice a little screen made out of light magic. I grab it and crush it into smithereens.

"I'm going to kill you, you pervert!" I shout in the bathroom.

I quickly change out of my pajamas and into my adventurer outfit. It's a long, blue button-up hoodie dress with cat ears. There's a skirt that goes underneath it. There's also black leather boots and a light blue belt. I put all of it on and leave the bathroom.

"Rawr," Argus says with a warm smile.

I look over and see Shoki leaning against a wall.

"You look niiiiiiiice," he says with a smug look.

"I'll happily break that pretty face of yours anytime," I say with the finger in the air.

"Jeez. I actually meant what I said," he says. "We should get going. We got our first first official quest together."

"Just when did I agree to work with you?" I ask. "I'm fine with just Argus."

"A party has to have four or more members. You can't do quests with a party of two," he says.

"But it will be super easy for just the two of us to handle," I say.

"That's just the rules. Plus I never told you what the quest even is," he says.

"And no one told me about any of the rules," I say.

"There really isn't any need to learn them since they're all basically common knowledge," he says with a smile. "Oh wait. You're a demon. That would mean you're stupid compared to a human."

"Where did that knowledge come from?" I ask with a smug look. "You're the last person that should talk. Last I checked, there was no such thing as a freaking phone in the Celestial Realm."

"How in the world did you obtain that knowledge?" he asks.

"I went there, Stupid!" I say with confidence.

Argus watches us trash each other. He pulls out a bucket of popcorn and jerky. He sits on the floor in between us and munches on the popcorn. Someone knocks on the door. Argus gets up and opens it.