chapter one

' I thought i had found my rainbow after the storm but little did i know it was just the rain and the storm was on its way'....

(A year ago)...

Staring at my bracelet the thoughts I have been pushing away creeping back,it's crazy how so much can happen,like the fact that my best friend well ex best friend is now living her best life with the man i thought i would spend my entire life with, i wonder how i didn't see it coming.

I don't understand why I haven't taken off the bracelet , it was given to me by my ex best friend for my sixteen birthday. She has one just like it and by the way it has both our initials. It's been two months since i found out about the affair.

I could still remember the way it hurt,how I sat in my room for hours and just cried not making a sound, the stabbing pain in my chest, how I couldn't believe it was true...let's just say getting betrayed by the two people you trusted the most isn't fun.

'Maya are you done in there,it's been 20 minutes and i don't think i can hold it in any longer',yelled my sister ruby from the hallway she's 15 just two years younger than me and let's just say she is so supportive and has really helped me get through this past two months even if she doesn't really know what happened.

'Just a sec',I yell back picking up my phone from the sink and taking one more look at my reflection before opening the door to a very frustrated face making way for my sister to go sort herself out. I head to the kitchen to start dinner preparations.

It's usually just me and my sister since my mum is working all day and my dad is abroad all the time causing me a lot of depression since I don't really see my dad and I feel like he's the only one that actually understands me.

It's been hard to cope up this last month since we just recently moved from New Zealand the country i was born and raised in, i can't say am not a little bit relieved that i won't have to be afraid of the possibility of running into....... well you know what i mean.

I will be starting at a new school tomorrow which is both nerve racking and exciting,you know that feeling that you get when you're experiencing something new.... After finishing up with dinner and doing the dishes I head to my room putting all the sketches I did from this afternoon into my drawer just before I lay on my bed.

After filling my room with songs from my favourite playlist, I slowly drift off to sleep.

'Maya were going to be late',I hear a voice waking me up from my peaceful slumber, as I slowly open my eyes my gaze lands on Ruby, her expression filled with anger.

'What time is it?',I asked frustrated by the need to sleep some more...'It's 7.30am school starts in half an hour, so please get your ass out of bed ', she pauses surprised by how fast i got out of bed ..'okay well that was fast,I will be waiting in the car' she added as she left my room.

After a quick shower, I get dressed and tie my hair up in a ponytail leaving two loose strides before grabbing my bag heading to the driveway where the car was already parked with our driver Derrick and Ruby both seated.

It takes us about 20 minutes to get to school, luckily I had about 5 minutes before lessons started and since I had already settled in my seat, I started to take in my surroundings right before a guy walked up to me and said,'Hey, are you the new student?'.