Chapter 6 Where is she?

Ding Dong! I hear the doorbell ring, it is 6:30 so it has to be Drew. I grab my phone, slip into my silver Keds and run down the stairs. As I come around the corner Drew is already talking to my mom and she has the camera out.
"Well don't you look cute." my mom says as I go to stand by Drew.
"I guess" I say not sounding very confident. I didn't think I was that dressed up, I mean I had a Coral colored tanktop on, a chevron line sweater, jean capris and my silver Keds. Maybe it was my hair, when I took it out of the braid it was all curly so i poofed it up, pulled my bangs to the side and left it curly...I never do that.
"Well I want a picture before you leave." my mom stated.
"Ok but hang-on" I say as I take off and run up to my room.
I grab the bracelet that Drew got me and put it on then I hear a car pull up. Who is that? Oh gosh I hope it isn't Jeffrey. I run to the window and look down, and there sits that white fancy sports car. I run back down the stairs as Jeffrey is introducing himself to Drew.
"Ok so how about that picture" I say wanting to leave before these two absolutely kill my social life.
"Ok. Smile" mom says "well you two have fun, have her home before midnight, please."
"Yes, ma'am." Drew says acting sort of shy.
"Bye, Mom. Love you."
"Love you, too be careful and get home safe please."
Drew is in front of me so he opens the right side door for me to his car.
"Thank you" I say as I am sliding into the car.
As Drew gets in and starts the car it is dead silent between us.
"So you ready for the party" I ask.
"Yes, but most of all I am just glad I get to hang out with you." he says.
"Stop it, you are making me blush, big time." I say acting like I am embarrassed.
"That is my job." he adds and then looks at me but I am not looking at him, I just see him through the corner of my eye.
"You look REALLY pretty." he says adding emphasis on the word really.
"Aw, well you look pretty great yourself." I say
"Well thank you." he says and then we go back to silence....it is so weird.

When we get to Dani's Drew pulls into her driveway. I get out and wait on him to come around the car, Connor is already here so Drew asks
"Are Connor and Dani dating?"
"No, not yet anyway." I say
"Oh but they like each other." he says with curiosity
"I think so but I am not really for sure." I say just stating my opinion.
As we walk up the sidewalk Drew grabs my hand and laces his fingers with mine.We walk in and Dani comes running up the stairs.
"Well there is the cutest couple in all of Texas" Dani says as she starts handing us stuff to carry downstairs.
"Yep here we are." I say giggling.
When we go downstairs everything is almost set-up, she just needed our help putting out snacks and stuff. After everything is ready to go all four of us sit down on the couch and wait for people to get here. the clock strikes 7 and sure enough the doorbell rings. 10 people come piling downstairs and so we start the music. By 7:15 all the people that were invited are here so we just start dancing. After awhile I start to get a headache, probably from all of this music and dancing.
" I am getting a headache so I am going to go outside and get some fresh air." I tell Dani.
"Are you ok?" she asks
"Yeah, I am fine, do you still have ibuprofen in that drawer?" I ask.
"Yep, get whatever you need." she says
"Ok, I'll be back done in just a little bit."
As I am running up the stairs Drew sees me leaving and gets up off the couch. He has been over there forever talking to Connor, probably trying to get him to go out with Dani.
"Babe, are you ok?" he says running up behind me.
"Yeah I just have a headache so I was going to go get some fresh air." I say.
"Oh, I will come with you." he says and runs past me to open the door.
We walk into the kitchen and I grab the medicine. Then, Drew and I walk out on to their patio and sit down on their porch swing. He knows I don't feel good so he doesn't ask questions. He puts his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder. I feel every one of his breaths as his chest moves up and down. It is calming not having to listen to all that loud music. I feel better after about 15 minutes so I sit up and look at him.
"Are you ok?" Drew says sounding worried.
"Yeah I am fine that medicine kicked in pretty quick." I say
"Do you want to go back downstairs or do you want to stay out here." Drew asks
"You can go back down if you want, I will be down in just a moment." I say letting him know that it is ok if he goes.
"Ok I will go let Dani know you are ok and if you're not back down in a minute I will come and make sure you are ok." he says.
"Ok" I say.
For a second he just stands and looks at me then he leans in and kisses me. He doesn't pull away he just kisses me, so I kiss him back. I think I am living every girls dream, being kissed under the stars by a very cute guy. My dream is over, he pulls away looks at me.
"Ok, I'll go down and tell them that you are fine."
"Ok." I say and then kiss him one more time before he leaves.
As he walks through the door I sit back down on the swing, I sit my phone on the table and just take a moment to relax. I get up and walk to the edge of the railing, I just breathe, the silence is calming and I know that even with dad gone everything is going to be ok. I close my eyes and just listen to nature's sounds, I feel a hand on my waist and think it must be Drew. I go to open my eyes and turn around when another hand covers my mouth, they drag me away. I can fight it but it might just get me killed and I could scream but no one would hear me. Drew and Dani said they would come check on me, they will atleast know I am gone. Oh dear Lord please help me!!!! Please!!
"Rowan!" Drew yells.
Oh my gosh I can hear him, if I can yell maybe he can come and find me.
"ROWAN, where are you." It is Dani this time oh please I have to get away. I fight and fight but to no avail.
"ROWAN, please, someone call 911." Drew screams.
Why can I hear them, where am I? Oh please help me, HELP ME! I am in so much fear, who could this be and what did I do to deserve this. We get to far away that their voices are so faint I can't even make out what they are saying. A trunk opens and they throw me in, I see their face but it is covered by a mask.
"Why are you doing this, who are you, please let me go!" I manage to say as I am crying.
Before I even think to scream he shuts the door. I only know it is a man because of his strength and he also smelled like aftershave. As the car starts up it sounds like Jeffrey's car. Is this him, is that why he was questioning everything today? Why him? I thought he was part of the family, why would he do this? Now I may never see the people I love again. Dad I might see you sooner than I thought.