ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

The day Duff had gotten himself a little friend had been, what he considered, the best day of his life. He'd been endlessly tiring everybody in the house out by talking about adopting one, half of the house being skeptical about the entire idea, but they were so sick of listening to the rambles they finally caved in and told Duff to go for it.

He could remember picking him up as if it were yesterday, Slash had driven him hours to the perfect farm after researching for weeks on end on where to get him from. He'd known he was going to grow to be quite a big boy, and for the sake of the band, he'd tried to find one that had some kind of chance of remaining fairly small.

A friend had put him in contact with an elderly man from Nevada who had just what he had been looking for. Both of his parents had remained incredibly small throughout their lives, as had their parents before that too, so the chances were in his favour.

The little pig was predicted to grow no more than about 45cm long, which also meant Duff would be able to take him around with him, as the idea of leaving him behind on every tour had broken his heart before he'd even got to that stage. The poor thing had been bullied by the other pigs for being the smallest, and he was a little timid at first because of it, but once acquainted with Duff he'd completely come out of his shell.

Thanks to Axl's jokes about cooking him for dinner, Duff had decided to name him Bacon, an attempt at irony. He'd also banned all pork from being consumed in the house, not wanting to offend his new little friend.

Two months later, Duff was laying down in the middle of the living room with an energetic little pig bouncing around and running into him. His happy little snorts filled the room as he playfully nipped at Duff's shirt, running off again every time Duff pretended he was going to grab him. The presence of Bacon usually thoroughly confused any friends they had come round, but they were soon putty in his hands after spending a mere five minutes with him. He was the most loveable and intelligent little thing going, and he knew it.

A thing the band had teased Duff about had been his title, Bacon hadn't reacted well when Duff had tried to call himself his dad, but was incredibly happy and responsive anytime he used the word 'mom'. He couldn't comprehend that he might have a second name, so anytime another band member tried to tell him to "go to Duff" he'd end up sitting there in confusion for a full ten minutes before they remembered to call him mom.

The band took to him quite well, and he adored them all too, especially Slash. Slash spent most of his time trying to get him to cause trouble, or to annoy Axl, which Bacon thoroughly enjoyed doing. Steven was a little hesitant with him at first, but the incredible energy he exuded was enough to get him on board too. Izzy liked to pretend he didn't love him, but Duff had a sneaking suspicion he did. Axl, on the other hand, wanted to love him but was convinced the little guy had a vendetta against him. They were more of a love/hate relationship than anything, but it worked.

And Bacon loved spending time with every one of them, he even went as far as trying to get into their beds at night sometimes. He had his own little bed in Duff's room, but he never seemed to spend much time in it, Duff had a small ramp installed so he could climb up as and when he chose to (after hearing the crashing of Bacon fall to the ground a thousand times and almost giving him a heart attack). He eventually convinced everybody else to as well, well, almost. Izzy wasn't so much on board, so he waited until he was out for the day to have his put in, knowing he'd be too lazy to remove it again afterwards.

Duff lazily stroked the pig's back as he finally settled down and laid himself across his chest, albeit a little awkwardly as he wasn't the most graceful little thing, and smiled to himself as he thought of what was to come. The adventures of Duff and Bacon.