ron weasley x reader | passing notes

It was a normal Wednesday afternoon, you were in the library studying like you did every Wednesday after classes. You were so deeply lost into the book you were reading you didn't even notice someone had come and sat across from you at the small table. You looked up to see Ron Weasley slouched over a book looking very unimpressed by whatever it was he was reading.

He must have notice the slightly confused look on your face when he said "Sorry I didn't mean to disturb you but there were no other tables open and Snape is making me to write an essay about the things he taught in class today that I paid no attention to"

"It's okay, it is an open space for everyone" you say smiling a bit

"Right, right" he says looking back down at his book

After about 10 minutes of complete silence he looks back up from his book

"You didn't happen to pay attention in class at all today did you?" he asked

"I was actually" you reply without looking up from your book

"Great, so what did he teach" he asked with a small smile on his face

"You would know if you had payed attention" you snapped back still not looking up from the book you were trying to study from

"Oh come on y/n, please, i'll do anything" he pleaded with puppy dog eyes

As you were about to answer the lady from behind the front desk shushed you.

You hear movement so you look up to see ron grabbing a piece of parchment from his bag. He then picks up his quill and writes something put his hand is covering part of it so you can't tell what he's writing. He folds the paper and slides it across the table where  is lands right next to your book. You unfold the paper and read what it says.

please just help me this once and I won't bother you again, please. snape will kill me if I don't do this essay.

You glance up at him after reading the note. He looks actually worried. You've never seen him genuinely worried before, he was always calm, but this definitely worried him. You would be worried too, Snape is not a easy teacher, especially to Gryffindors. So you decide to reply back.

Alright fine how can I help?

You slide the paper back over to his side of the table. He read it then looks up at you and smiles. He then writes something and sends the parchment back your way.

Tell me what he taught in class.

You write down everything you can remember from today's potion lessons, fold the paper, then send it back towards Ron.

He opens it, reads it, then starts to write his essay. So you pull out a piece of parchment from your own back and start to write

Wow no thank you? I thought you were better than that Weasley.

You laugh a little then slide the new note over to him. He looks confused at first then he stops writing his essay and opens the note. He smiles a bit then writes something, sending the note back your way.

Okay Mrs. y/l/n, how about a butterbeer on Saturday to say thank you?

You look up from the note to make sure he can't the red heat rising in your cheeks. He can't, he's back to writing his essay. You write a reply, then quickly send it back to him.

Sure, it's a date :)

He smiles at you then packs up his stuff and walks out of the library. Leaving you absolutely in shock.

A/N : I KNOW THIS IS REALLY SHORT BUT IM WORKING ON MAKING A NEW BOOK, ONE THAT ISN'T JUST ONE SHOTS SO IVE BEEN SPENDING MY TIME ON PLANNING THAT. THANK YOU FOR READING. A VOTE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATE :)

XX LOTS OF LOVE XX