Chapter 1

4:37

He looked at the clock again.

4:41

4:50

4:56

5:02

5:08

5:16

5:22

5:27

5:29

He gets home around 5:30 from work every night. Louis braces himself for the door opening.

5:30

The door slams the wall when he pushes it open. Louis flinches at the noise. He hears him hanging his coat and setting his keys on the counter. He hears footsteps coming closer. With tears already welling in his eyes, Louis looks up.

Standing there before him is Fort, his boyfriend of seven years. He's tall reaching about 5'11 with dark brown hair and eyes that Louis once thought were mesmerizing. Brown with specks of green and little hints of light blue that have turned grey over time. He's got a thin jawline and slim nose. Thick eyebrows and long eyelashes. Broad chest and shoulders, with a long torso and muscly arms.

Fort crossed his arms across his chest, his jaw set and looked down at Louis.

"You wanna explain what happened" Fort said sternly.

Louis swallowed thickly.

"It was an accident I swear I didn't mean to I would never try to do that. I'm so so so sorry. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me I didn't mean it." Louis pleaded.

Louis had got out of class about two hours ago and he went out to the parking lot to grab his car. He drove an old banged up 2010 Camry with one headlight out. When he came closer to the car he noticed a noticeable dent in the backend. He figured someone and accidentally backed into him then pulled a runner. He freaked out at first cause what was he gonna tell Fort. Surely he wouldn't get too mad since it wasn't really his fault. He probably shouldn't have parked in that spot though. He should have pulled up farther. He should have came out earlier and maybe he would have been able to leave before the other person. What's done is done though.

Fort just stared at him.

"You realize now Im gonna have to pay that off with MY money that I work my ass off for while you sit at home and wait like a sick puppy for me to come home." Fort said.

Louis looked down ashamed.

"I know I'm sorry." Louis said.

"I don't think you actually realize how frustrated I am though. When are you gonna see how lazy you are. I go out so that we can actually eat while you just sit around on your fat ass all day. The least you could is clean up around here or something." Fort yelled.

Louis flinched. He had school all day so he actually wasn't at home. He also just cleaned the whole flat yesterday and it looked spotless but he couldn't tell Fort that. He never talked back.

"Are you gonna say something or just sit there like always!?" Fort yelled.

"I'm sorry." Louis whispered.

"God damn it Louis that's all you say anymore sorry sorry sorry. How about instead of saying sorry you actually just do things right for once." Fort fumed.

He grabbed Louis by the forearm and threw him to the floor. He kicked him three times to the ribs.

He leaned down so he was close to Louis face. "You need to learn" Fort said.

With that he walked off into their bedroom and slammed the door. Louis flinched again.

He sighed. He sat up slowly so as to not aggravate the new sore spots he would surely have color on in the morning. He stood up and walked to the bathroom. He stripped his clothes and examined his sides. They were already filled with dark and blue greenish bruises from where he was kicked three days ago for missing the sale on Fort's favorite foods at the store. Louis didn't think it was a big deal he would just pay the extra dollar but apparently it was a huge deal. Louis never did anything right.

He turned on the shower water to all the way hot in the shower.

He still had an assignment due by tomorrow but he just didn't have the energy to do it tonight. He's in Junior hear of college studying English and Literature. He hopes to one day work for a publishing company or even write a book of his own. He doesn't have any friends.

He barely even talks to anyone in the first place so making friends would be quite a challenge if he didn't even open his mouth. Not that he felt he needed friends anyway. He was fine.

He stepped out of the shower and dressed in his pajamas. He went to set up camp on the couch and laid down. He looked up to the ceiling fan watching it spin in slow circles. He thought back to when he was young.

In eighth grade he was shy and quiet. On his first day he got paired with Fort on a semester long science project. They worked on it together and ended up growing really close. It was second semester when Fort asked him out on a date. Louis said yes.

They used to be happy. Louis used to truly love Fort. He could make him smile whenever he was sad and he made him laugh like he never laughed before. Louis doesn't think he's truly laughed in at least two years. They would go on cute little dates and cuddle at Christmas time and hang out any spare time they had. They stayed strong all the way up through Junior year of high school. Louis doesn't know what happened after that. It's all a bit of a blur. Fort never took him on dates anymore. He was cold towards him and Louis didn't know why.

They stayed together all through Senior year and into Freshmen year of college where they decided to go to the same school.

Louis had lost his mum at the end of Senior year and his father ran off when he was young so he didn't have anybody except Fort. So he followed him.

As time went on it seemed their relationship only got weaker. Fort never hit him before until one night Louis had cooked him dinner. When Fort got home he started screaming at him saying he made the wrong kind of mac and cheese. He slapped Louis across the face.

Right after he looked remorseful and his eyes softened. He apologized over and over again and kissed his face. He cuddled him all through the night. That's what he did for a while after he hit him. Always saying how he was so sorry and he didn't mean to. He was just frustrated with work. He wouldn't do it again he promised. Shocker he did it again after every time.

Now he doesn't even say sorry though. He just gives him the cold shoulder and walks away.

Louis can't help but feel like it was all his fault they feel out of love. Why else would they have?

With that thought Louis rolled onto his fairly good side that didn't have fresh bruises and closed his eyes.