Genuinely

Clyve Hound escaped.

        I heard the secreary's gossiping in the main office as I awaited the principal. They said he'd slipped out the window using his sheets at around three in the morning yesterday. He planned it perfectly, too. On the first Thursday of the month, when a ship would deliver supplies like food and such. He slipped onto it around five and caught a ride back to the mainland. 

       I wondered why he was so stupid. I mean, it's not like we're prisoners. When we graduate, we're free to go wherever we please. We just have to get through high school. We can then chose to continue our education at the college of our choosing or look for a career.

        Unfortunately, when a university like Harvard or Westminster sees 'Malcove High' as your former high school, they tend to be more than a little cautious with accepting your application.

        Somehow, I doubted that Clyve gave two shits about college. I couldn't picture him behind a desk or working at some fast food place, either. Maybe he'd just deal drugs for the rest of his life. 

        Now the image of him behind bars fit nicely.

        For a moment, I wondered if people thought the same about me after my little outburst. 

        After my little breakdown, Mrs. Corkay had oh-so-kindly sent me on my merry way down to the principal's office to await my punishment. It made my blood boil.

        The school that thought I was psychopathic and homicidal was going to make me psychopathic and homicidal. 

        I mean, I was the one in the right here. I was only trying to fucking learn something. You know, make use of my time here.

        "Ms. Sheppard." Mr. Haldoway said from the doorway of his office.

        Despite being the principal, Mr. Haldoway was only around thirty with caramel colored hair and eyes nearly the same color. He was handsome enough and most of the females at Malcove found him 'totally swoon-worthy' as one student had put it. I wasn't swayed by his goodlooks, but he was reasonable, at least. Hopefully, he'd see things my way and let me off.

         I huffed as the secretaries gawked at him, rising to my feet to brush off the skirt of my dress.  He smiled as I approached, holding the door for me. 

        He smelled like pumpkins and coffee. It was a disgustingly nice scent.

        "Tiffany," He said, speaking to his secretary.

        Of course that's her name, I rolled my eyes, but quickly pulled my lips into a nuetral smile and made my eyes a few degrees less intense as I took a seat at his desk.

        It was time to be innocent and charming.

        "Can you phone Officer Navarro and check on the progress of the police department's search?" He asked kindly. I assumed the police were searching for Hound.

        "Of course, Vincent." She giggled back. 

        Come on, Girl. Are you that thirsty?

        Mr. Holdoway offered her a charming smile and shut the door.

        "Mrs. Corkay said that you caused a bit of a disturbance in her classroom." He said as he took a seat opposite me, behind his desk.

         I reached up to run a finger over the polished wood. "You could say that."

        "Tell me about it." He said, making my eyes flicker up in a way that said 'really?'. He sounded like a psychiatrist.