Chapter 1

"Babe?" Madison yells out. "Babe? Can you come here for a second? I need your help."
"Yeah? Yeah ok I'm coming I'll be right there I'm feeding Max." Max was our little puppy that I got for Madison on her 22nd birthday. As soon as I finished putting the food in for Max I went to our room. We lived in an apartment in Los Angeles. The kitchen was connected to the living room. If you turned left facing the living room you would be in a hallway. In the hallway was the bathroom on the right. An extra bedroom across from it. If you went further there is the laundry room. At the end of the hallway was the master bedroom where Madison and I both slept. There was a bathroom in the room too.
"Where are you babe?" I asked.
"In the bathroom." She replied. I get into our room and see her.
"What do you need?" I asked.
"I can't reach my zipper on the back of this dress can you help?" She asks.
"I'd rather unzip it if you know what I mean." I answer back.
"Shh! Stop it. Just zip it please?" I laugh and zip it up for her.
"Where are you and Chloe going?"
"It's her sisters birthday party today at the fancy restaurant that opened."
"Oh yeah I was totally gonna take you there."
"Oh were you?" She asks.
"Yeah totally babe. What time do you have to be there?" She looks at her phone and it said '4:45' and a picture of me and her at the top of the mountain we always hiked on.
"Around 6ish." She replied.
"Do you want a ride?"
"No that's fine babe. Chloe's gonna pick me up. Thank you though. You're so sweet." She kisses me and walks out the bathroom.
"I know I am." I smartly said back. She turned around and gave me a look and we both laughed.
"Calling a hockey player sweet can kind of be an insult." I said laughing.
"How's the team doing babe?"
"Umm we're still getting ready for the season but most of the boys are starting to train now. Myself and Jonathan were gonna work out tonight."
"Tonight? Babe I don't know what time I'll be home. I think Chloe said the party will be from 5-7ish. Who's gonna take care of Max?" She asked worried.
"If you can come home by 6:30 ish then I could leave earlier?" I suggested.
"Are you serious? I haven't seen Chloe in 2 months and you want me to spend an hour and a half with her only?" She started getting angry.
"Babe I know but Jonathan has to go back to Connecticut. It's his last day in LA till the season starts." She gave me a stare.
"Cmon Maddie I'll make it up to you. I promise." I said. She was silent still. Then she said
"You owe me. Big time."
"Ohh you know it. You're the best babe." I kissed her on the forehead and she went and got her purse.
"Imma gonna leave earlier so I can be with them for more longer."
"Ok ok. Have fun babe. Wait give me a kiss?" I said picking up Max. She turned around and walked closer to me. She comes closer and kisses Max and walks out. I knew she was pissed but she'll get over it.
"Max will you give me a kiss?" I say turning him around to face me. He jumps out of my arms and runs away.
"Wow no love today."

I go to the couch and pick up my phone. I call Jonathan.
"Hey bro she said it's all good."
"Yeah did she? That's good what time?"
"She said she's coming home at 6:30ish to take care of Max. By then I think the jeweller might still be open."

***Now you might be wondering why I'm talking about a jeweller. It's because I'm gonna buy a ring for Madison. We've been dating for 6 years and I figured it was time to propose. My plan was to come home after "working out" and taking her out to dinner. If she says ok then I'll propose to her at the restaurant with her family and friends there.***

"Yeah he'll be open till 8. I called him earlier and told him you're coming in. Plus I trust him. That's where I got my ring from." Jonathan said.
"Alright man. Thanks. I'll call you later." I hung up. Now it was all about waiting. Waiting for Madison and waiting for the right moment.