𝟬𝟰𝟱 | 𝙃𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙊𝙒𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙄𝙑

SEASON FOUR: HALLOWEEN IV

⚠️tw: lola dream related ⚠️

>><<

Lolita sat with a small smile in the small room across from her therapist. She didn't mind doing this anymore. She still refused to talk about what happened but she'd warmed up to Anna and actually could tell her things now. She started to trust her which recently, had been a hard thing for Lolita to do.

"Okay, Lolita. If you're still not ready to talk about what happened, why don't we talk about after? The effect it had on you? How you felt?" Anna said after the 10-minute conversation they had about how Lolita was having the dream more frequently recently.

"Scared," Lola says after a few seconds of hesitation. Anything related to the topic she hesitated with an answer. "I felt scared... and alone. I was quiet and I'm never usually quiet... not at home. Me and my Abuela, we like to dance around and sing. I'm a happy person. I smile a lot. If I was anyone else, my girlfriend would tell me I smile too much but she loves my smile. She says it's her favourite thing" She boasted making Anna chuckle with a light smile. "Ever since we were really little, she's always protecting me. I always told her everything. I didn't tell her this because I was worried she'd blame herself for not being there to protect me."

"Is that how she reacted when you told her? Did she blame herself?"

"No. I'm not sure she even thought about it. She just wanted to make sure I was okay" Lola says with a small sigh. "After it happened, she knew something was wrong. She always knows. I had been away at a cheerleading competition all week and I hadn't seen her. I don't remember where we were going but after school, she was going to pick me up. I'd been excited about it all week. When I walked out of school, she knew something was wrong. I could see it on her face. She didn't know why I was crying to her but that didn't matter because I was crying and her instinct was to tell me it was going to be okay and that she loves me."

"You remember all this exactly?"

"Only those moments of that day. Everything else after was a blur" Lolita said quietly as she looked down at her nails. "I'm not sure I even remember the date... She won't"

There were a few minutes of silence as Anna wrote something down and Lola looked out of the window. "I was given a new case last night," She said making Anna lookup. "I haven't been given this sort of case in... something like 4 years. I hate being given these types of cases because almost 95% of the time, I have to tell a victim there's nothing else I can do and the perp walks free. I work myself up over them."

"A sexual assault case?" Anna questions only to get no direct answer.

"The one I got yesterday was a woman and her daughter came into the precinct and Terry told them to talk to me because I had just walked in at the beginning of my shift and I was the only other detective in the bullpen..." Lolita started to explain with a slight break in her voice. She stopped for a second and look out of the window. "She was at school. Like I was. She was in the bathroom. Like I was. She's just 17. Like I was."