Part 7

Rin pressed her lips together, enough where she felt the blood flow cut off

Rin pressed her lips together, enough where she felt the blood flow cut off.  She turned back forward and trekked across the parking lot.

        "You know what bothers me?" Rin finally said. "Why would he give me flowers and then leave the next day like that?  Even if he never overheard us, what was he thinking, give a girl flowers and then up and go the next day?"

            "Maybe it was a last minute thi-"

            "It doesn't even matter if I'm allergic to pollen, you shouldn't do that to any girl! A-and why couldn't he have checked to see if I was allergic before actually buying me flowers? And how did he even know it was my birthday?" Rin exclaimed, but even she knew her rants were petty.

        Her Literature class had sung "Happy Birthday" to her on Monday (not something she'd expected or necessarily preferred, but still courteous) so Taehyung would've been there to witness. And it wasn't like Rin went around broadcasting random facts about herself, namely that she was allergic to pollen.

            "Still, it was heart-warming," Mina said. "God, if a cute guy gave me flowers... even if I was allergic, I'd--" She didn't finish her sentence.

            Even if Mina had, Rin wouldn't have heard, for a head of familiar ash-brown hair entered her line of sight.

            Rin stopped dead in the middle of the parking lot.

            She cursed, however, when it was only a random senior getting into his truck.  The guy gave her a glance, and Rin sheepishly continued towards her car.

            Mina cast her a knowing look, wise enough to say nothing as Rin unlocked her car and fell back against the driver's door.

            "Mina," Rin groaned, titling her head up towards the sky. "He's seriously frustrating me."

            "No..." Mina unlocked her car adjacent to Rin's.  "That's just you, Rin."

            It was Sunday.  Rin had finished reading five additional chapters of Frankenstein, analyzed and interpreted a Shakespeare poem, and finished her study guide for her Chemistry test tomorrow.  All in the nick of time for dinner.

.........
Hope you guys like it.
Don't forget to vote and share 😉