Chapter One: The Engagement

"Some---where o--ver the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lul---la----byyy"

Jam:

When I turned fifteen, I was already informed that when I reached the age of 23 I will be marrying a man which is the grandson of my Grandfather's bestfriend.

Isn't sucks?!

Hi! I'm Jamella Cza Castañeda. A multi-talented, white-headed, beloved Student, Leader, and Friend. Only daughter of a Businessman and a Doctor. And I don't believe in arrange marriage. Yes I'm against it and I will do my best to stop my family from pursuing me to the guy I'm not inlove with.

Anyway I'm currently playing "Over the Rainbow" using my Ukulele at Sam's Bistro performing a number for tonight guests. Sam C. Fortez is my beloved second cousin from my father side. I always perform at his Bistro every Thursday and Saturday night.

As I finished my number I bow down and everyone give me around of applause. Agad naman ako nilapitan ni Sam para iabot yung flowers as a sign of gratitudes.

"Thank you Jam! For sharing your talent for free. You know I don't know what to do without you here!" Sam said.

"Nah. It's nothing. I am enjoying it naman."

"Hey Jamella! Let's have some Friday night fun. You in?"

That was Erica, my favorite girl bestfriend. We're on our way to our Morning Class.

"I'm afraid I can't." I said.

"Why?" Erica asked.

"My grandpa set a dinner for tonight and I can't say no. You know, family duty." I answered.

"But I'll be performing at Sam's Bistro tomorrow night." I blurted.

"I have plans tomorrow eh." She shyly said.

"Wait! What's with that kaartehan ha? And what's your plan?" I immediately asked.

"I have date with.." She smile and look around before whispering something on me.

"AVO."

"What?!" I cried.

"AVO?! As in Arnold Van Opstal? The player of De La Salle? " I make sure.