8 | Time's Ticking

Kai Mikaelson

---

"All we ask is for you to perform a spell to locate our brother and we'll be out of your hair" Kai declared while sitting on the couch with his legs propped up the armrest.

"Are you out of your mind? No way." The Deveraux witch incredulously insists.

Kai shrugged, "oh well, I tried the polite way," nodding his head towards Niklaus.

"Just know that his type of persuasion involves treats." He reminded the witch.

"It's very simple-- We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother." Rebekah explained.

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get kil-," Sophie scoffed, before the older hybrid interrupted her.

"Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal--Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..." Klaus explained, his eyes on the witch.

"Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?"

"Don't we all?" Kai mumbled to himself but thanks to supernatural hearing his siblings heard him clearly.

"Brother do realize that we are in the middle of a situation here, maybe all those times you spent fawning over Hayley has affected your common sense" his brother snarked.

The witch scoffed, "Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and then they get killed."

Kai then again butted in, "Well, let me make it easier for the lot of us. We know about Marcel's secret weapon, how he knows when a witch is using magic, which you have seem to forgot to tell my brother here who is not very happy with you right now." Nodding towards his brother direction.

"Girl about yea high, cute as a button, anger issues?" Rebekah added.

"Davina? Where have you seen her?" Sophie asked, shocked by the blonde Original's statement.

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah answered.

Kai could sense it, Niklaus is slowly losing his patience, and Sophie being a witch, does not help the cause.

"Let me cut to the chase. Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

And just like Kai had expected, Klaus did cut to the chase.

"Davina would sense it." Sophie denied again.

"Unless, of course, another witch-- say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example-- was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah explained from what she had gathered on her day roaming the French Quarter.

"Katie doesn't deserve to die." The witch protested.

The eldest angrily slams his hands on the table, standing up to face Sophie.

"Sophie Deveraux! You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic-- who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" he fumed.

To say that the witch was stunned was an understatement, "She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." She answered in a whisper.

Kai stood up, walking closer to the Deveraux witch until their faces were only inches apart.

"and who, Ms. Deveraux, pray tell-of Marcel's valued inner circle runs business at the docks?" he whispered in her ear.

Sophie sighed defeatedly, while Kai leaned on the table pleased with the reaction that he got out of the witch.

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kai was faced against the mirror fixing his button up when he saw Hayley's refection walking pass his room

"Hayley." He called out to her.

The werewolf then responded by peaking her head inside the Mikaelson's room, their eyes meeting trough the mirror.

"Klaus and Rebekah, to my surprise, is dragging me along to this Gala hosted by Marcel back at the compound," He stated while putting on his suit jacket.

Turning to face the hazel-eyed mother-to-be, "will you be alright here by yourself?", he asked.

"Well, it's not like I got anywhere else to go right?" she shrugged.

He walked to the door where she stood, "Just letting you know love, if anything happens, never hesitate to call us-," he stopped beside Hayley, his eyebrows furrowing when his words register to his head.

"on the contrary, don't hesitate to call me or Rebekah, I'm not too sure on Niklaus but like I said, he cares for your child." He finished.

"Take care love, don't miss us too much" He remarked as he walked towards the set of stairs leaving the werewolf behind.

Hayley only smiled at the younger hybrid's antics and continued her way to her room.

to be continued...

Hey, just a quick update, I'm finally working on my Hope Mikaelson book
(not prooread)