chapter 1

the sunlight streams into my eyes and I wince as I sit up. I had the worse beating yet last night but it will not happen again. Im going to transfer to dauntless.

I stand up and make my way towards my bedroom and make my way to my secret safe in the back of my wardrobe. I unlock it and put my hand inside. as I retract it with my fist full of clothes I run into my bathroom and change.

I put on my black tank top and my red booty shorts. Over the top I apply my ugly gray abnegation dress and tie my hare up in a hair bobble.

as I slowly walk downstairs I register that my father isn't home as he will do the choosing ceremony.so I run outside and off to the ceremony. Off to my next chapter.

TIME SKIP

"Tris prior"

I hear my name shouted out and I hop up from my seat and take the knife from my 'fathers' hand smirking. I cut my hand open and hear my blood sizzle. I am a dauntless initiate.

Shouting is heard from the dauntless as I jog over to them and take the closest seat to me on the front row.

PAGE BREAK

the wind brushes against my face as I run up to the train and swing my self in with ease. I turn around to se all of the transfers gob smacked from my performance.

as i was the fastest to board the train I am in the first trailer and I know for a fact that all of the dauntless born initiates are in the next one. That means my bestie is there.

I remove my abnegation dress and through it of the train. ' I will never need it again anyway,' I think.

I make my way over to the back door and enter the second trailer and look around. Everbodys eyes are on me. All of the boys chins were on the ground and there girlfriends go over to them and slap them around the back of the head.

then I hear my besties voice, even though I haven't seen him in years. it is that kind of voice you can not forget.

"BEA!!!" I turn around to see...