The Evening

Lunch came and went just as breakfast, nothing out of the ordinary however all I could think of was my fathers words. I was worried. My eyes wander to my window rain droplets dripping down of it onto the muddy ground beneath and the distant sound of thunder. Listening carefully i hear the load roar of thunder and howling of the near dogs as well as the multiple creaks in the corridor beyond my door.

Once again I am called for tea and as always I am the last to be seated and thoughts go rushing through my mind of my fathers words. Im scared. I finish my tea and so does the rest and my brother and sister unusually leave before me however I decide to take no notice. Continuing this my father asks my mother if they can have a conversation in private and they leave the room, I am left alone with the tapping of rain on the window and roar of thunder. The storm is getting closer. I hear the sound of smashing glass from the kitchen and make my way there in a hurry. I find right below me as I enter the room the deceased body of my father. My mother is on the opposite end of the kitchen blood on her hands she has a weapon. My heart is pounding. I thought I might be next. My brother and sister walk in behind me. I am paralysed I feel that my life is in danger and as i turn to leave she charged...