Chapter 1

Yune was just a simple village girl with the power of telepathy, struggling each day to eat. Though due to the rising werewolf attacks, it was slowly becoming harder. Still, her attempts didn't always fail. The dread in the air showed on her face as she stalked through the alleys, looking around for anyone following her. Quickly, she ducks into a tavern, known throughout the small village as the Curious Steed. Immediately, she's bombarded with the glares and grumbles of regulars. Taking a deep breath, she steadies herself, ignoring the eyes on her form as she strides up to the bar, an unusually clean looking man tending to the glasses. A soft huff from the girl and he hums, looking up. Elven ears visible from his curly locks. A rather respected individual he was, mostly known for being a con. In this village, criminals of any kind thrived. Yune sighs and allows herself to sit on the bar stool, earning a scowl from the barkeeper, going by the name Caemun.
"Somethin' you're looking for, loven?" He says, raising an eyebrow. A nickname, normally only used between lovers. She nods, looking around before pulling a small, velvet bag out of her knapsack. Caemun's interest was immediately piqued as he raised an eyebrow at the girl.
"What can I get for these?" Yune asks, handing the elf the small bag of coins. Caemun snatches the bag, quickly opening it. A disappointed look crossed his face.
"Is this all you have?" He asks, looking up at her. A trick question, and one with each choice a consequence to follow. Steadying herself, Yune nods. Caemun smirks.
"Just tell me what I can get for that much." She says, looking around as Caemun checks out the small bag.
"Not much. At most maybe a loaf of bread. At least, a bead." He says, handing the bag back to her. Yune groans and snatches it back, standing up and walking out of the tavern. Most people, with the small amount of money she had, never left. She was lucky she left with her life. Sighing dejectedly, she walks down an alley, constantly looking around her to make sure she wasn't being followed. Her body relaxed as she continued to walk down the seemingly unending alley, on guard yet vulnerable in her thin clothes. As she was about to exit the alley, somebody stepped out, directly in her path.
"Where are you going, this late at night?" The stranger asks, an obvious smirk on their face. Yune stays silent, glaring at them. The stranger frowns, suddenly stepping forward, Yune stepping backwards, almost losing balance. After a few minutes of repeating the process, another person steps out, this time from a side door to the tavern beside them, right behind Yune. As the stranger in front of her grabs her by the waist, the next thing she feels is a hard object colliding with her head, and then darkness.