Chapter 6 - (Y/N) and the Host Club Manager

Hey everyone! I'm sorry this chapter is a little short, but I wanted to still include it! Thanks again to JesstheMusical, who made this beautiful piece of art of Everly and Kaoru! Thanks so much, Jess! Now, everyone else, GO FOLLOW HER! (Please.)

That's all I have for now

That's all I have for now. Enjoy the [super short] chapter!

It had been a while since you visited the Host Club. You weren't sure why you stopped going since there was no reason not to. Though, you were still aware of some of the events that took place in your absence because Ryoko and Naomi kept you up to date. However, not all Host Club shenanigans had occurred inside the club room. For example, the physical exam was quite a dramatic performance. The hosts had to figure out how to keep Haruhi's gender a secret. The day of the physical exam was the day you realized just how stupid Tamaki was. Did he really think "cosplaying" as Haruhi was going to work? Either way, it didn't matter because Haruhi's secret didn't get revealed.

Ryoko and Naomi explained the other day that they heard the Host Club had a new manager. You assumed it was a guy, maybe similar to Kyoya, if not Kyoya himself. But you were proved wrong by your friends who told you this new manager was a female.

"I think her name is Renge," Naomi stated. "She just transferred here from France."

"'Just'?" you questioned. "So did she just show up and declare herself manager or something?" The idea of that aggravated you.

"Something like that," Ryoko answered. "I hear she's an otaku. You know, those people obsessed with anime and visual novels," she said matter-of-factly. You knew what an otaku was, but you didn't care whether this Renge girl was one or not.

So could anyone just show up and declare themselves manager at any time, and the hosts wouldn't refuse it? You thought, annoyed. You wondered if Renge knew that Haruhi was a girl. Surely she must have found out somehow, or they would never have let her be the manager. Maybe it was time to visit the Host Club and find out.

You showed up at the Host Club later that day. You had become so curious about Renge that it had infected your thoughts entirely. When you stepped into the repurposed music room, the hosts and their guests were all you could see. You wandered around aimlessly, searching for the manager. What did she look like, anyway? You did not think of this beforehand.

Right as you turned around to find one of the Hosts, you were immediately greeted with the twins standing right behind you.