Chapter 3

Warnings: Could be triggering

This couldn't be real. Where did Dan even live? Then I remember him saying he lived two apartment blocks down from me. I ran and ran and ran until I saw the receptionist of the apartment block. "Does Daniel Howell live here??" I asked her, panting as I spoke. "Yes, third floor, on the left," She told me as I ran up the flights of stairs. I bashed on the door hoping this wasn't real. "Dan! Let me in. Please!" I sobbed. Silence. I keep bashing at the door and I looked down. A small doormat. I lifted up the door mat to see a key. This was good even if they say it's too obvious of a spot to keep spare keys. I opened the door, tears flooding down my face. I couldn't see Dan anywhere. "Dan! Where are you!" I screamed as I ran frantically around his apartment. I walked into the bathroom to see smashed alcohol bottles and a knife. I then looked over at Dan, lying against the wall and covered in blood. "Dan!" I cried as I tried to check his pulse. He was alive. I grabbed my phone and dialled 999.  "Hello, what's your emergency?" The lady on the phone asked. "I'm in an apartment and someone I know has... tried to kill themselves, they're unconscious but breathing," I told her. "Ambulance is on its way, sir. Please don't touch the person but remain near them at all times." She told me. "Ok Thank you!" I said as I hung up. A few minutes later, paramedics came and placed Dan on a stretcher. "Will you be coming with us?" One of them asked me. I nodded as I followed them down the three flights of stairs. We climbed into the back of the ambulance and drove off.

*Another time skippity skip skip*

"What is the relationship you have to this man?" The doctor asked me as Dan was laying in the hospital bed. I looked over at Dan. I knew they'd send me out if I said, friend. "He's my uh, Boyfriend?" I said, questioning myself as I spoke. The doctor nodded as he headed out of the room. I looked back over at Dan and his face was red. "Dan, why are you red. Please don't die on me. I need you. I care too much about you. Please, Dan." I begged, knowing he couldn't hear me. I grabbed his hand and held it tight. "You're going to break my hand in a minute, Phil!" I gasped as I looked up at his cheery smile. I burst into tears and hugged him gently. "Dan you're back never leave me again." I stopped hugging him and kneeled on the floor next to him. "I hope you were serious when you said you wanted to be my boyfriend Phil," He said as I looked up at him. The doctor walked in and said, "Daniel, you should be able to go home in a few days," He said as he was changing the bag of liquid that was being injected into Dan's wrist. He walked back out and Dan stared at me. "What!?" I asked as he looks as though in deep thought. "Are you going to go home now?" He asked me. Wow. I had just saved him from dying and he wanted me to leave. "Oh. Fine then," I said standing up, heading toward the door. "No! Phil! Wait! I didn't mean-" It was too late. I was out the door, running at this point. I ran and ran, tears pouring out of my eyes as I ran down the streets towards my home. I ran down a small alleyway that took me really close to home. I ran up to my apartment and walked inside. I ran into my room, laid on the bed and cried. I cried for hours and hours. "Beep!" I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

-New Message from DannyBoy 💕-

DannyBoy 💕: I'm really sorry Phil. You don't understand what I was saying. I thought you would want to leave because you had been with me for ages.
-read-
DannyBoy 💕: Please believe me Phil
-read-
DannyBoy 💕: Phil?
-Delivered-

I turned off my phone and cried. Why was I such an overreacter? This was stupid. Why am I crying about an arguement I had with someone I met today. I picked my phone bak up hesitantly.

DannyBoy 💕: PHIL
DannyBoy 💕: Are you Okay?
DannyBoy 💕: Phil please.. I need you
DannyBoy 💕: I wish I wasn't so stupid
DannyBoy 💕: If only you hadn't of found me
DannyBoy 💕: You never would have been upset
DannyBoy 💕: It's all my fault.

I cried reading these messages. He really did care about me. I picked up my keys and my phone and ran back downstairs. I walked to the corner store and bought some flowers, a card and some chocolates. Perfect. I wrote on the card:

Dear Dan,

You mean the world to me. I am so sorry. Words cannot explain my love for you. I never should have left, that was stupid of me. I'm so sorry. 

Love from Phil x

I ran with my presents for Dan all the way up to his ward when doctor's came rushing out. "Sir, you need to leave," They told me. I stared blankly and then raise an eyebrow. "We don't know what happened. He seems to have taken the IV drip needle out and stabbed himself with it many times. He's dead,"

He's Dead.

Dan

Dan is Dead