Kitchen mess

"Uh why?"

She nodded, apparently letting it go, then quickly sidestepped John and ran towards the kitchen.

"Cyn, I can.." He called, but stopped when he heard her horrified scream. Grimacing, John headed back towards the kitchen to face his livid wife, wondering why he'd ever listened to Paul in the first place.

Cyn was standing in the middle of the kitchen, looking around with her mouth open, her face red."What did you do?" She asked menacingly.

"Nothing?" John tried meekly.

"Look at this mess!"

"We were hungry.."

" I left you sandwiches in the fridge, I told you this before we left!" She cried angrily, running a hand through her hair

"Oh hello Cyn!" Paul casually walked back into the kitchen, all smiles. John didn't know wether to kick his arse later for talking him into this or thank him for not leaving when he very easily could have without anyone noticing.

"Were you a part of this?" Cyn asked suspiciously, hand on her hip.

"A part of what?" Paul asked, looking around the kitchen with mild interest. John sent him the coldest glare he could muster from behind cyn's back, but Paul just avoided his eye.

"This!" She gestured angrily to the kitchen.

"No, no, I just got here." Damn Macca. Cyn just looked at him calculatingly for a while and John made a throat slitting gesture at him, putting his innocent face back on when Cyn turned back.

"What were you making?" Cyn reached for the book, but John swiped it away before she could grab it and did the first thing he could think of, which was to throw it over the counter into the living room, where it landed half open on a sofa. "Whoops!"

"John!"

"It slipped."