Prolouge

Somewhere in Musutafu-

(Third POV)

"Hey kid," a grim voice says while sitting next to someone thought to be in their early adolescence. "What's got you out this late at night?"

"Just enjoying the view." A kind voice said.

The man replies. "The water's quite something, especially at night."

A small pause before he continues on

"Can't say as much for the beach though." He states with a low chuckle also receiving one from the boy he sat with.

A comfortable silence lays upon them, seeming that the young boy was deep in thought

"Say, what do you think the true meaning of freedom is?" The voice of the younger boy asks while looking towards the sea that lay ahead.

"Freedom?" The man asks, looking at the boy with his eyebrow quirked.

The boy says quietly while still gazing out at the sea. "Yeah."

"Hm. I've never really thought about it before." He says looking back at the sea.

He pauses, thinking, before continuing

"What about you kid? What's your true meaning of freedom?" He asks looking straight towards the boy.

Silence then covers them for a moment

The boy turns towards the man looking him straight in his dark piercing eyes. "Freedom is someone having the ability to act and change without constraint." He says, eyes unwavering. "Someone is truly free if they can change easily and are not constrained by their past, future, and present."

He stops, then starts speaking again

"That's how I see it," the boy briefly pauses switching his gaze back towards the dark water, "at least in my case."

"It's not a bad perspective." The long-haired man says slightly amused.

"What's your name?" The boy questions with a soft smile pointing towards him.

"Aizawa, Aizawa Shouta." He says giving him a small smile of his own.

"Nice to meet you Aizawa." The boy now smiling wider says.

Dropping his brief smile, looking outward, he asks. "What about you kid?"

"My name?" He questions shortly.

The man now known as Aizawa only replies with a short hum indicating for him to continue

"My name is-"

~365 words~