Chap. 3 This can't be happening!

Anna's POV

I looked at Elsa like she was insane. This can't be happening! I can't be betrothed to Hans! I'd rather be betrothed to a Dragon than to him! A/N See what I did there? I slowly dat down, after having snatched the paper from Elsa. I must have read it literally 50 times before I realized what was happening. After my brain started functioning properly, I looked at Kristoff. He looked like the whole world had ended. Quite frankly...it had!!

"W-what do we do?" I asked, finally able to speak.

"Well.....you two will have to break the engagement. Then, I have to write a letter to the Southern Isles and get Hans out of prison. Next....... you and Hans have to get married. That's about it" Elsa said, fiddling with her hands.

How could she be so calm about this!? My life just got ruined and yet she acted like it was no big deal! I couldn't marry the psycho path who tried to kill me and my sister! That's complete and utter suicide! Two times over!!

"So....I guess we have to...break up now" Kristoff said suddenly.

I looked at him, my vision blurring with tears. This had to be the worst day of my life! As I gave the engagement ring back to Kristoff, Olaf spoke.

"What about the guests? What do we tell them we were gonna say?" He asked.

"We'll have to come up with something. Anyway, let's get back to everyone. Anna, you coming?" Elsa asked, starting to walk out the door.

"No thanks. I lost my appetite" I said, pushing past her and going to my room.

I flopped down on my bed, feeling completely hopeless. I hated that feeling! I'd had it way to much in my lifetime! Hopeless when Elsa wouldn't come out and see me. Hopeless when my parents died. Hopeless when Hans betrayed me. And now......hopeless because I had to leave he person I loved.... for the person I hated. I rolled over on my bed, screamed in my pillow, and started sobbing. My life can't get any worse than this! Nor any better! At least.....that's what I thought.