The Reunion

Sythe wakes up early in the morning on this summer day he slips on his ripped jeans and shirt with a serpent on it and puts on his southside serpent jacket he walks out of the house and gets on his bike that his dad gifted to him at the age of fifteen and rides around town when he gets a text from his big sister Penny to meet her and the other serpents at Pops Chock' Lit Shop to discuss something urgent.
He walks into the diner and sits in the booth the other serpents are sitting in and looks his sister in the eye "what happened now Penny?"
Penny smirks and plops a fry in her mouth chewing it "the fucking ghoulies are trying to start a riot and are trying to cause daddy some trouble again."
Sythe sips on the caramel milkshake he ordered and looks at them "they don't know when to quit we need to strike hard and make them back off" before he can finish his sentence he hears a girl and a guy talking his interest peaks when the girl mentions his last name he looks at Penny and they both stand up and walk over he gestures for the serpents to stay seated and that they got this "she might know us Penny" the girl with red hair looks at them.
Sy stops in his tracks as does Penny his right hand coming to his chest "Penny it's her it's Nessa" Penny smirks at her little brother as they get closer to Vanessa the brother and sister embrace their longtime best friend in a group hug Vanessa snuggled into her best friends and meets Sy's eyes full of love and longing to see the both of them again "I missed you both so much" the Jones kids look at each other then at Vanessa Andrews "we missed you as well Nessie"