Chapter Four: Danger

Verena and Ben had just finished their meal and were waiting for Master Skywalker to come into the room. As they waited, Verena was thinking about what she had dreamed of. She could feel that it was so real and that it could be her own future. She could not let that happen to her or her parents. She loved her family and she loved her friends as well. She looked at Ben and felt something was off, but just put it aside as he was her friend. Why would the black figure in her future be him?

"What you thinking about Verena?" Ben asked as he was playing with a ball using the force.

"Oh nothing, it is not important. Anyway, where is Master Skywalker? " She asked as she looked a little worried.

Ben nodded as he was not completely sure of you are okay, but never the less he kept to himself. Few moments passed and Master Skywalker had arrived. Verena smiled as she was very excited to learn and understand the ways of being a Jedi. Luke waved at the children and walked out the door waiting for them as it is going to be a very long walk. Ben and Verena nodded as they followed him outside to see that there was a bookbag with food and beds in them.

Master Skywalker looked at them and smiles, "Your first task is to follow the force and then find me. I will not be coming with you as you both are able to protect yourself. Oh and not to worry, there is nothing to fear on this planet, just be alert." He said to the children and went off to the top of the mountain.

"He just left us here, two kids," Verena said as she was a little bit concerned.

"That is my Uncle for you, anyway let's get going. I have a feeling we need to go left and then make a far-right turn up that hill." Ben said as he walked up the hill and Verena followed.

A couple of hours had passed and it was midday, extremely hot. Verena looked around as it was in the middle of nowhere and she decided to sit down and set up a little camp. She noticed Ben was getting out of his share of the water and food and started to mix them together. It puffed up into a small loaf of bread and then he had made some cold soup to go with it. Verena does not understand how this would work, but she followed and copied him. She was amazed at how the food works on this planet and how anything works.

"Ben, tell me about yourself. I noticed I never asked you about it." Verena said as she was eating her food and it was surprisingly good.

"There is nothing much to tell about me. My mother is a General and my father was I think a scavenger. Mother never really talked about dad too much. He left before I could even say a word." Ben said as he was eating his food. "Tell me about your ma and pa."

"Well, My dad is a doctor and my mother is a stay at home mom. She has her own business, but I don't know what she does. Writes a book or something, I really don't know. Adult stuff I guess." Verena said as she finished her food and cleaned up her mess.

Ben nodded as he noticed it was getting dark soon. He set up camp where they are and he made his tent, which happens to be big enough for both of them. Ben looked at her as he felt something strange but could not really place it. Something that said that he needed to protect her at all costs. He made it his mission he would protect Verena and to make sure she will never see bloodshed.

Later that evening, Verena took out her call console and went outside as she waited for her parents to answer. She waited a while, but no answer at all. She began to worry, as something might have happened to them. Her intuition was nearly always right. She felt something in her gut that turned and went back into the tent. As she had entered Ben looked at her and wondered what was wrong.

"What is wrong, you looked worried and I felt something happen," Ben asked as he was concerned for her and her family.

"My parents did not pick up my call, they normally would since they are always worried about me. Do you think something had happened?" Verena asked as she sat down and looked at the console.

Ben sat up and he looked at Verena and sighed a little bit, "I did feel something change in the force, it may be something with your parents. Then again we can be too sure though, don't panic." he says as he looked into her green eyes.

Verena nodded as she looked into his eyes as she was very worried about her parents and thought of things that could have happened.  She looked away and laid down on her little sleeping bag and held her necklace to her chest as she dreamt about her parents.

While Verena slept, she went into a dream state again. She saw that her family was bounded in shackles and were all covered in blood. She could feel this pain, she saw that she was also captured. She then felt another energy with her, the figure who was all covered in black. He took off his helmet and he finally revealed his face. Verena was shocked and she could not believe her eyes. It was Ben, the boy she shared the tent with, but he was older. She felt she was also older, and more experienced with the force.

"What is the meaning of this Ben" Verena said as she struggles as she was changed up.

"I am not Ben anymore, and you will join me." The man said as he looked like Ben.

Verena shook her head as she wanted to scream, but she couldn't. As then everything started to fade, she then woke up to Ben shaking her awake. She looked at him as he was still a little boy and she was still a little girl and hugged him. She hugged him so tight that she could not see that she was hurting him.

"Uhhhh, Verena you are squeezing too hard. I can't breathe" Ben said as he was in a spot where he could not move.

"Oh, sorry about that. I just had another nightmare I think?" Verena said as she saw that it was still dark outside.

Ben nodded as he looked at her. "What did you dream about then?" He asked as he wanted to know.

Verena shook her head as she felt like that dream was so real. She couldn't lose him, she didn't want to lose him. She felt something outside move around. Verena got up and peeked her head outside of the tent and something was out there watching them. She felt it was something dark and her intuition felt like she needed to keep moving away from the camp area. It was still dark and surrounded by sand for miles and miles on end. She went back inside and looked at Ben who was now sound asleep in his sleeping bag.

"Okay, Verena when you find Master Skywalker tell him about your dream." She said whispering to herself as she was extremely worried about her family.