4

To say the older Winchesters were surprised at (Y/n) agreeing to their plan was a complete understatement. She looked happy to do so, and the anger was clear from her face, only burning in her eyes.

Sam and (Y/n) sat quietly at the table, staring at the walkie-talkie in the middle. Dean, on the other hand, was sitting on his bed, using a pocket knife to sharpen a stake.

"Uh... dispatch? I got a possible 187 out here at the old paper mill on Route 6," (Y/n) and Sam frowned at the man's hesitant voice. They grabbed Dean's attention by turning it up so they could all hear the conversation.

"Roger that. What are you looking at, son?"

The man who had called it in began to stutter. "Honestly, Walt, I wouldn't even know how to describe what I'm seeing. Just, um... send everybody."

"That sounds weird," Dean commented as the conversation ended.

Sam switched the radio off. "Weird enough to be our guy?" He glanced at his siblings, who only shrugged and got up from where they sat, ready to get into Baby and left.

-

The old paper mill on Route 6 was deserted when the Winchesters arrived. Car tires and pieces of the building were the only things that accompanied them, nothing else.

"There was a murder here... and there's no police cars- there's nobody," Dean observed, throwing his hands in the air. "How does that look to you guys?"

(Y/n) sighed and waited for the back of the Impala's trunk to open. "Crappy," she deadpanned, taking a good look around herself. Of course, it was her soulmate they were talking about-- the trickster.

This was a trick.

Dean pulled out two stakes, handing one to Sam while keeping the other, (Y/n) had told him she didn't want to do anything but distract him, then passed them both a flashlight.

Stakes ready at hand, the Winchesters entered the building but were stopped in shock when Anya Marina's Not A Through Street began to play. Dean immediately looked down when he noticed the stake missing, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw he was dressed as a doctor.

"What the hell?" He looked around as Sam and (Y/n) did the same thing, though the youngest Winchester was dressed as a nurse. Their faces scrunched up in confusion as they looked at one another.

Two women dressed as nurses passed, eyeing the three up and down. "Doctor," each said as they passed. The raven-haired woman winked at (Y/n), mumbling 'nurse' with a sweet smile before hurrying after the blonde nurse.

"'Doctor'?" Sam repeated after they passed, still completely confused. Dean turned around and opened the door to where they had come in, but only saw a nurse and a man having a heated make-out session. He closed it very quickly, not wanting to see it again.

The siblings started to walk forward, only for a brunette nurse to step in front of Sam, say 'Doctor' with heavy breaths, then smack him across the face. "Ow!" (Y/n) held a hand to her mouth to refrain from snickering.

"Seriously?"

"What?" Sam asked, super confused.

The raven-haired woman narrowed her eyes. "Seriously, you're brilliant, you know that?" Dean and (Y/n) leaned forward, slightly intrigued. "And a coward. You're a brilliant coward." Was she insulting him or complimenting him?

"Um... what are you talking about?" His question only got him slapped again, this time harder. He clenched his jaw and glared at the nurse.

"As if you don't know." She breathed heavily, then stormed off.

Dean's upper lip twitched as he watched her go. "I don't believe this."

"What?" Sam and (Y/n) asked in unison, the older brother more pissed off at the vague comment- or more of the fact that he got slapped by a complete stranger.

Dean's smile turned into a grin. "That was Dr. Piccolo." The younger siblings gestured for him to continue. "Dr. Ellen Piccolo," his grin grew as he stepped forward to see the rest of the room. "The sexy-yet-earnest doctor at..." he turned to his left, reading the name of where they were out loud: "Seattle Mercy Hospital!"

"Uh, Dean..." Sam tapped the front of his brother's coat, snapping him out of wherever his brain was. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"The doctor getups. The- The sexy interns. The 'seriously's?'. It all makes sense!"

(Y/n) approached the two. "The hell are you talking about, Dean? Speak English."

"We're in 'Dr. Sexy, M.D.'!" Confusion crossed (Y/n)'s face while realization painted on Sam's.

They were characters in the TV show Dean had been watching earlier that morning.