Gone

The alarm on my nightstand read 9:00 o'clock. The two days were finally done, and Mom and I were talking again. Things, though, felt different. It wasn't a normal Sunday.
"Hey, Mama. The 2 days are done... Right?" I asked, adding a smile.
She looked at me and simply said, "Yes. If you need anything, please say so. But if you don't I have to go to work." With that she left to go work the long shift at the nearby hospital.
YES!!The whole house to myself, I thought in my head. I quickly climbed up the stairs, and ran into my room. I stumbled over to the stereo and put in my club-mix CD in. As the music began to surround me, I turned the volume up and danced like no one was there (which no one was).

Wow! Time really does fly... It was already 12:00 o'clock. I stopped the music and carefully walked downstairs. I plopped my self on the living room couch and thought about the school year that was to come. It was summer in New York, but it wasn't technically hot or cold, it was just cool. There were only a few weeks till my senior year would begin. At school, I'd hide behind my hoodie and try not to stick out. I'd get decent grades and just try to finish school. Afterwords, I'd maybe go to New York Academy for the Arts and maybe major in the music industry. Yeah...yeah...I had a plan and I had goals...

After watching a marathon of Orange is the New Black and CSI:NY, I checked the time. It was 5:00 o'clock. I headed to the kitchen to fix something for dinner. Reaching into the freezer, I took out a frozen pizza and after reading the instructions, thrust it into the oven.
After I ate, I decided to take a jog around the neighborhood. I changed into a red sports bra, my black hoodie, and some joggers. I slipped in my earbuds and my hood and chose a playlist of powerful rock, featuring The Cranberries, AC/DC, and Guns N' Roses. I left, locking the door behind me, and then letting the music blast into my mind like running water from the faucet. And then I ran... There weren't that many people out, but I passed an old couple, a boy my age, and a mother with her baby boy in a stroller. I checked my watch, which said it was already 7:30.
"Mama must be home..." I thought to myself, so I sprinted home.
When I reached my house, I let myself in and I called out, "Mama?"
There was no response, so I searched the house. There was no one home except me. I guess she was gonna be late. I tried, though, to call her cell, but no one picked up. Maybe she was working. Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring and I rushed to the door. The doorbell chimed again.
"God," I thought to myself, "what do these fucking men want?"
I opened the door and there stood two police officers.
"Hello, m'aam," one said in polite voice, "Can we talk?"
................................................................