chapter sixteen || sports festival part 2

todoroki and midoriya began their battle with todoroki making a huge block of ice. midoriya countered his attack by breaking one of his fingers, making the ice smash into pieces. this attacked surprised everyone, including me. i don't how long he can keep this up but at least it was working.

they kept doing the same attacks over and over again. todoroki would make a block of ice and midoriya would counter his attack. soon, midoriya started to call todoroki out on his lack of heroism saying that he'll never be a true hero if he doesn't give it his all.

the fight continued, both of them constantly arguing back and forth. all of midoriya's fingers were broken except his thumb and one of his arms where broken. midoriya kept yelling for todoroki to use his fire while todoroki was telling him to shut up.

doesnt midoriya know that he'll be a huge disadvantage if todoroki used his flames? not to mention todoroki could possibly end up doing some serious damage to midoriya if he used both his sides at the same time.

midoriya ran up todoroki and punched him causing todoroki to fall on the ground. midoriya kept yelling at him, telling him that if he keeps fighting like that then he'll surpass him and become number one. todoroki just laid there, i'm guessing he was thinking about something.

then midoriya yelled something that changed todorokis mindset. "it's your quirk!". i couldn't believe what i was watching, why was midoriya helping todoroki so much? does he not see the state that he's in? my leg began to twitch as todoroki unleashed his flames.

midoriya was in a helpless situation, they began to charge up their quirks

midoriya was in a helpless situation, they began to charge up their quirks. midnight and cementoss stepped in to keep them from killing each other. a huge blast went off, all everyone could see was smoke, some people even started coughing because there was so much smoke in the air.

endeavor was cheering loudly and was proud of todoroki for finally using his fire side but i get why he's so happy. when the smoke cleared todoroki stood alone inside the stage with half of his shirt burned off, while midoriya was out of bounds. midnight announces that midoriya is out of bounds and todoroki is the winner.

i felt nothing but anger build up inside me. my fist were clenched and my body felt hot to the touch. iida and urakaka tried to calm me down while they were walking down the stands to check on midoriya, i went with them and tsu soon joined us.

we huddled outside recovery girls office demanding to know if midoriya is okay. recovery girl told us that he was fine and tried to make us leave. i managed to sneak past her and saw midoriya in bed with bandages wrapped around his arms.

i ran up to him and gave him a big hug. iida, urakaka and tsu joined in on the hug as well. "what the hell is wrong with you? you scared us fucking dork." i said while breaking the hug. midoriya stated that he was okay and that we should start getting ready for the next battle.

iida told him that the stage was damaged due to him and todorokis fight. "it was scary watching you fight, don't ever do something like that again" i said while turning to leave. "i don't think i've ever seen shay this worried about somebody" i heard urakaka say.