chapter seventeen || a break.

-
it was a chilly morning, the weather had started to get cooler as fall started to roll around. i was walking down an abandoned road with kenji, every side of the side walk was covered in pumpkins, jack o lanterns, skeltons and witches. as i started to stare in amazement at this one decoration, kenji decided to run off, leaving me alone and by myself. i started to shout his name while being careful to not wake anyone up.

i stopped and continued to walk down that road, out of nowhere a man with a mask came out of nowhere. "boo" he yelled while flailing his arms back and forth. i stared at him and walked off putting my hands in my pockets. "what the hell that didn't scare you?" kenji said as he ran up to me with the mask in his hand.

"it's gonna take a lot more then a cheap mask to scare me" i said while throwing his mask to the ground. "oh hey, guess what i have some amazing news" kenji said while giving me a smirk.

"what?" i replied to him.

"me and sarai are moving back home!". kenji began to jump up and down.

"why?" i asked him while giving him a side eye.

"our grandmother is going to move in with her daughter to help her take care of her husband" kenji's smile soon started to disappear once he looked at my face. "you don't seem to happy" he said.

"no i'm happy" i said while stopping dead in my tracks, looking down at the rocks and pebbles that were on the ground. "what if you leave again?". i felted my fist ball up to the point where i was causing pain to myself. kenji sighed and pulled me into a deep and meaningful hug, we rocked back in forth while kenji kept rubbing my back.

"that's what your worried about eh?" he said and buried his face in my neck. "i'm sorry for leaving you alone in that hell house shayla, i promise never to walk out on you again".

"don't fucking call me shayla again asshole" i replied and kicked him in his knees. he fell to the ground and i continued walking along the path, seeing our school up ahead.

i headed towards there, while looking at the leaf piles and chalk that was on the sidewalk. kenji was stumbling behind me, i walked inside of the school and headed to class.
-
i open the door and was greeted by everyone. the whole classroom was excited and happy, i walked over to urakaka and midoriya who were holding hands and blushing at each other, standing next to them were iida and todoroki who were playing thumb war and talking.

"why is everyone so excited?" i asked urakaka.

"because it's friday silly." she said and pointed to the calendar hanging on the wall.

aizawa wasn't in the classroom yet but that didn't stop our class from being loud and chaotic, all the other classes have already complained about how loud we are, but today is the loudest we've ever been.

after a few minutes have passed the classroom door opened, it wasn't aizawa but it was midnight announcing that she'll be substituting for mr aizawa while he's away doing some hero work. the classroom started to become loud and chaotic again, midnight slammed a large ruler on the chalkboard that was in front of the classroom to quite down the entire class. she cleared her throat and started to speak.

"since principle nezu was proud about your performances at the sports festival, he's decided to give you all a week break to rest and relax after these long weeks of training"

the entire class was trying to hold on their excitement so they wouldn't be scolded by midnight again, truth is we really deserve this weekend off, we've been training to the bone and not getting any rest in between. also finals are coming up and the teachers have started to prepare us for that too.