𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘬𝘪𝘦𝘴 ▵𝐂𝐡.𝟐

𝙈𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚...

Mom and Dad were driving Sam to his job interviews "Interviews! This is so exciting! Honey, do you want some gum? Your breath gets really gnarly when you're nervous" Mom said. Sam went in and waited "Mister With-weeky?" the Secretary. Sam stood up "Yeah. Search is over" he said.

He got to the office "I'm Mr. Whitley" the guy said "Mr-" Sam said "Shape the future...Okay, Jack, there's two types of people in this world. There's thinkers, there's doers" 

"Hmm" 

"There's winners, there's dreamers and there's buddies" 

"What about some weaknesses?" 

"Pfft! I don't...It was during all that alien craziness when you were... fourteen" 

In another interview "Is anybody else joining?" Sam asked because of the many chairs "No" the interview said "No? You want me to move right there? I'll move right there" 

"I'd prefer not" 

"Very interested in government and technology, how that's gonna intersect and co-exist" 

"Why was the FBI looking for you and your sister?" 

"What"

"Im just saying. It's always good to have a medal guy in the office, with a medal" 

"From Obama?" 

"Yeah" 

"In this office, we're... mostly Republicans, so..."

Another interview "Sensei" Sam said and did the bow thing (Not sure what it's called) "Ready? Begin" 

"I graduated this year. Majored in geopolitics. Minor in tech studies. Mr Matsuhisu-" 

"Matsumoto" 

"-hasi" 

"Matsumoto"

"-moto. You have a very trustworthy face. You remind me of like, uh, an Asian Colonel Sanders. A man I can trust. I mean, they were very kind to me, found me in a jiffy. Uh. And that's all been expunged. Obama gave me a medal, actually"

Back in the car "Why did we bother sending him to an lvy college for? Three months out of school and he can't find a job?" Dad said "Oh-He's a millennial. That means they're the, you know, like lost generation" Mom said

Another interview "Martha, can I call you Martha?" Sam asked "No, you may not" she said "Yeah, FBI. Good of you to flag that....I'm just saying. It's always good to have a medal guy in the office, with a medal.

Outside Dad was eating "I'm not feeling too good" he said "No?" Sam said "No" "Why don't you get a little dipping tray and dip the dog in Pepto? That's a solution" "Hmm. Pow. I got another one. We got to go. Come on" "Really?" Mom said

The last interview "Sit" Brazos said "Yeah. Okay" "Got myself a Mr. Sam Witwicky, recent college graduate. Previous experience, next to zero, yet... he has a recommend letter from our board? Double-you-tee-eff to that..." 

"Do I know somebody on your board?" 

"Here's the deal. You know who we are. Accuretta Systems, global leader in telecom, aerospace, seventeen billion in profit last year. We contract for DARPA, NASA, JPL, you name it. You perform here, doors open for you anywhere. First job out of college is critical, kid. You either take a step down the correct career path or you fall into a life-sucking abyss" 

"Mmm" 

"So it all depends on how you respond to my next two words: Impress me" 

"Now?" 

"Impress me" 

"You catch me off guard. I'm- I don't know where to begin" 

"Impress me" 

"I- I'm an open book. Ask me any question you like" 

"So you a go-getter, ramrod- take-charge kind of guy?" 

"Yes, sir. I'm a killer. A stone-cold killer" 

"So, take-charge guy?" 

"Take-charge, Viking, barbarian, of course, that's me. Pow! I'm here"

He placed of picture of himself infront of Sam. And Sam just looked at it "We are not looking for that here. No brown-nosing. No suck up. No toolery. I-" and he called someone 

"Yes, Mr. Brazos" 

"Why is Shontel using what appears to be a red cup from the red floor when we are on the yellow floor?" Brazos said 

"I'm on it" 

"It is a visual and, therefore, a visceral betrayal. Stop it! Disgusting! Thank you! It's total anarchy around here" and she went out crying "The, uh, email I, uh, read said administrative aide?" Sam said "Nope. Mail room" Brazos said 

"I'm gonna go" 

"Do you have any idea how many lvy League Phi Beta Kappas would kill to-" 

"Mister, I saved your life twice with my sister. Okay? I can't tell you how or when or why, but I have done shit that matters. And I'd just kind of like a job where I matter again. So thank you, but no thank you, okay?" 

"You know what I think? You want the job after this job. But, son, this is the job that's standing in your way. And that's why you're gonna be so very very good at it. 'Cause when I look at you, I see a younger me". 

And Sam got the job he started tomorrow and a part of him was happy yay he got a job but the other part of him just wanted to get to work with Bee and Lexi. 

He didn't want to be the mailroom guy he wanted to be important like he said.

He went home that day. His phone rang 

"Hey Sam. Me and Will are going to stop by. Is mom and dad there?"  it was Lexi

He smiled to himself his sister always called him

"Yeah they are going to eat dinner with me"

"Alright see you there in a few" 

His parents came "Hey guys Lexi and Will are coming over" Sam said "Perfect" Mom said "That good to hear but they should hurry up I'm hungry" Dad said. 

Mom hit him "Ron you can wait it's your daughter and Son-in-law coming" she said

Sam laughed and shook his head. He opened the door and let Wheelie and Brains in along with Bonecrusher or boney as they called him. Dad saw them "No not them" he said "Don't be a hater" Wheelie said

Mom laughed at bit "Come on Ron be nice" "Yeah whatever Judy" he said and walked away. Sam smiled to himself he missed Lexi

Another Chapter before the day ends