2. Charlie Doesn't Like Pink

A/N: I wrote way more than I was expecting

A/N: I wrote way more than I was expecting. It's edited so prepare for some mistakes.
Update: I rewrote it so hopefully it's not as cringey
——
The dead air thickens with suspense. The chill clashes with my heated but stiff back, a shine of sweat building up in my forehead. In and out. In and out. C'mon Salem, breathe. But I can't, not with her glaring so harshly at me.

I wouldn't even be in this situation right now if I woke up at the right time. But no, I just had to forget to turn my alarm on yesterday night. When I'm sleepy and rushing, prepare for messes. I'm stupid for thinking that this day would go smoothly, well as smooth as it can for a person with social anxiety.

Anyone else get the feeling that a day is either gonna be good or bad? The air either has the normal 'whatever' feel or it has the one where it's sharper, your heart fills with dread and plummets to your stomach and you just want to chop your head off. Call me weird, I don't care. My senses obviously didn't kick in today saying as I didn't get that second feeling today. And no, I don't wake up everyday to see if today is going to be good or bad, sometimes you just know. I didn't know today. I guess I was too tired.

I was so tired that I didn't eat breakfast, tie my shoes well, and grabbed the closest thing to me at the moment (which was the red kool-aid if you couldn't tell) and rushed to the bus, all this forming up to now. Two girls. One holding an empty bottle of kool-aid and the other flaming with clenched fists and stained shoes. She also looks constipated. Just saying.

On my end it looks bad. I mean, Charlie Martin is right in front of me. Practically about to erupt in anger. I wouldn't mess with her on a good day. I can't even look her straight in the face, which is why I'm staring at the wall behind her. To make it look like I'm looking at her but I'm not. The only ones who know I'm not staring back at her is, her, me and the wall.

"Poor Janitor." I think, taking a look at my surroundings. The floors were painted with bright kool-aid and the lunch menu for today. I think i'll just skip lunch too. That soggy hamburger does not look appetizing. I internally shudder in disgust.

"Are you gonna fucking apologise because in case you can't see," I'm knocked out of my thoughts. She waves her arms, gesturing to her now pink shoes, "-you ruined my perfectly good white shoes." I avert my widened eyes down to her shoes. "I'm gonna take that as a no. Rude much?" I take into account her dark clothing, the pink contrasting with it. And back on the wall they go.

I don't know what to say, so all that comes out is an embarrassing, "Uhrg-". Curse you anxiety. Confusion makes its way onto Charlie's face, who looks around in question.

"Did anyone catch that? I don't even think that was english or any language that exists for that matter." Her pointed gaze comes back onto me as she crosses her arms on her chest. I look like a fish with the way my mouth opens and closes. With the way her eyebrows shoot up in amusement tells me she's enjoying my shit-show, getting first row. "So....this apology I'm waiting for. Is it gonna happen or are you gonna continue to stand there looking like a nemo?" Didn't you take my silence as a no? And I'll just continue to be nemo.