Chapter Three

Thursday 5:34 PM

Jughead's POV

"Come on Jug!" Archie yelled.

"Alright, coming!" I yelled back, taking my backpack full of clothes to the limo.

"Hey, Juggie." Betty greeted, kissing me on the cheek. Something seemed weirdly off about her. She and Archie were in the back, Veronica in the middle. The front seats were taken by Ronnie's two bodyguards.

"Archie, move to the middle of the limo so I can sit with Betty," I said.

"Jughead." He groaned.

He wasn't getting up, so I was forced to sit with Veronica. 

Throughout the car ride, Betty and Archie were giggling, laughing, definitely  flirting with each other. Meanwhile, Veronica and I were just being super awkward. 

"So uh, Jughead, how's it going?" Veronica asked. Betty and Archie were 2 feet behind us but they didn't notice anyways. They were too busy hugging each other. 

"Uh, great. Thanks for inviting us to Lodge Lodge." I half-smiled.

"Don't mention it." She laughed. She didn't appear to know what was happening with Betty and Archie, she was occupied with her phone.

★★★

"Wow, this is so large," I said, taking in the huge lodge.

"I know!" Betty said. Not to me or Veronica, she was clearly talking to Archie. 

"Uh, Archie, why don't you carry the bags in?" I said, trying to get him away from Betty.

"Sure, come on Betty!" He laughed.

Something was seriously going on with them. I get that they're best friends, but this is different. Betty's usually stuck to me, making sure don't cheat on her...

My phone dinged. It was a text from Cheryl.

"WHAT?!" I yelled. I was going to confront Betty, but I had a better idea.

15 minutes later, Betty and Archie went to the town, already, to get 'something'. They didn't say what. 

"Veronica!" I yelled. She didn't respond.

I ran up to her room. The door was closed. I opened it, to find Veronica screaming at me.

"JUGHEAD! GET OUT OF HERE!!!" She shrieked.

"Why?" I asked, confused. Then I realized she was in her underwear.

"Oops." I went outside and closed the door. 

A few minutes later, she came back out, with clothes on.

"Um, hi," I said awkwardly. 

"What did you want?" She groaned.

"Cheryl texted me with something... interesting." I sighed.

"What is it?" She cocked an eyebrow. 

I took my phone out of my pocket and found Cheryl's text.

Cheryl: