Hello?

I looked around the gym. It had been so long since I stepped foot into the place let alone used the equipment. However, there was a strange allure to the machines I used to loathe. They were almost beckoning me to try them out.

The only reason I was there in the first place was to clean. Usually my sister did that but at the moment she was doing wedding preparation. The wedding was in a couple weeks so obviously, she didn't have time to clean. 

Even though I walked away from this place, I offered to help her out. My sister is more important than any grudge or petty feelings I had. I hoped she was having a good time despite how stressful the ordeal must have been. I looked over the machines and made note of the ones that needed more attention. I pondered the opportunity to get a quick workout in before starting my job as the temporary cleaning lady.

There was a knock.

I looked at the door and called out, "Hello? Is someone there?"

No one answered. I wondered if my sister sent Constantine to help me.

"Dude, you can come in." I called out.

I might hate him but if my sister wants me to work with him. I will.

A couple moments passed and I gave up. It must have been the wind or something. So I went into the supply cabinet to get what I needed for the job. I picked up the glass cleaner and noticed that it had been resting on top of a picture frame. Instantly, I recognized it.

It was a picture of me, my sister, and our dad. The dad who used to own this gym before my sister took over. The dad who ended up dead because of this place. The dad who- I shook my head and decided to focus on the more positive side of things. The picture was taken the day the place first opened up. We were all smiling and obviously happy. It was a new start for us. Things changed so much after that day. I wished that the changes weren't as sad as what they were.

"Maybe there's a reality out there where things ended up different. Maybe Dad would still be alive. Maybe-"

Someone walked through the door and the wind chimes banged against it. I flinched and held the picture close to my chest. The wind chimes were louder than what they usually did. It was strange. I furrowed my brows and looked at the door. There was no one standing there. Shivers went down my spine. And there were goosebumps all over my body. Even the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

No one opened the door?

I looked around frantically to try and see who walked in but there was no one in the gym with me.

The wind chime's sounds echoed all throughout the space in the gym. The ringing should've stopped yet it didn't. The sounds were sharp and piercing. It was like little pieces of glass making their way through into my eardrums. With every second that passed the sounds became louder and louder.

"Rosaline." A voice said.

The wind chimes stopped.

"Rosaline." The voice said again.

It was so close. I swore that whatever was saying my name was right behind me. Breathing on my neck. Practically smiling against my skin. It felt so so close. I didn't even dare to breathe.

My heart felt as if it was going to burst out of my chest. I closed my eyes and prayed that my knees wouldn't give out. Whatever was happening was beyond me. All I knew for certain was that I had never felt as scared as I did then. I was barely able to wonder how it knew my name.

"Rosaline, Let me help you."

It gripped onto my arms and dug Its claws into me.

"Rosaline, Rosaline, Rosaline, Rosalin."

It laughed and shook me.

"Rosaline, Let me help you!"

It turned me around and pulled me close to itself. I was happy that my eyes were closed. I did not want to see whatever that thing was.

"What's your answer?"

I thought back to Constatine. I prayed my sister had sent him to help me with the job. Maybe it would go away if he was here with me. I was too immersed in my thoughts to even register the fact that I said, "Consatine. Help me."

"Rosaline." It let go of one of my arms and grabbed my face. "Open your eyes."

I couldn't help but do as It said. Who could know what would have happened if I didn't? Even if it would be horrific, I had to look. It told me to.

I opened my eyes and screamed.