A Resplendent Tale

On the dunes of Elsweyr home

The swirling sands e'er change

Your steps will swiftly fade away

on the dunes of Elsweyr home.

In the Sands Behind the Stars,

The sand dunes never change

Your path will shine eternally

in the Sands Behind the Stars.

Wanders stopped quietly humming the sweetly sad tune and gazed at the sleeping form beside her, a male Khajiit whose faint snores brought a smile to her face. The room was dimly lit by a few rays of sunlight peeking through the window curtains, illuminating an otherwise darkened room. Do'Karth would probably sleep till nearly lunchtime, but she was a morning person. She slid out from the covers, careful not to wake him, and stepped lightly away towards the stairs. She wanted a good strong mug of Taneth coffee.

She heard clatters emanating from the large kitchen, and as she entered she saw Pastryleaf and Elyedia busy making pastries. "That smells heavenly," she said, delicately sniffing the air. "What is it this time?"

Pastry held up a disc of dough she had just expertly formed. "Cardamom braided buns with banana moon sugar custard." "Sounds delicious," Wanders said as she grabbed the hot coffee pot off the fireside warming grate and poured herself a steaming cup.

She turned around, and leaning against the stone ledge, took a sip from her mug and said, "Well, that saves Khajiit a lot of work; this one had been planning to do a baking this morning." She often did the cooking for the bridge sleepers that came in and out of Sleep's townhouse; they had massive appetites, especially for people who sat around a bridge most of the time. But if Sleeps was willing to supply food to be cooked, she wasn't going to question the large bounty. She was more than paid for her work with the camaraderie and good food thereby provided.

"Still trying to summon the Daedric Prince of pastry, eh?" She remarked as she watched them shape the dough. "What was his name again?"

"Bork of the Infinite Flake." Elyedia piped up in her sweet voice.

"Funny you should mention that," said Pastry as she dusted flour off her hands. "We found an old cooking tome recently that mentioned him, it said a new and unusual ingredient was required for the summoning. We know that's not enough though, there must be more to the ritual but we haven't figured it out yet."

"You know who might know?" Wanders said thoughtfully, "Chases-Giant-Clouds. And he's up at the Illumination Academy right now teaching. If he doesn't know himself, then their library may have something. We should write him and ask."

"That's an excellent idea!" Pastry smiled.

Elyedia swatted with a dish towel at a red clawed hand that was reaching for the dough. "Not done yet! Shoo!" Spiders scampered out from under the table and over to Wanders.

"But it's so good!" Spiders whined.

"Here, have some of this," Wanders said, and breaking her glazed brioche roll in two, offered him a piece. He grabbed it, and giving her a grateful smile, started devouring it. Wanders turned back to Pastry. "This one can post Chases a letter this afternoon."

"Why don't you take some of these buns with you and hand them out at the bridge on your way to the postmaster?" Pastry suggested.

"Sure!" Wanders said as she gulped down her last drop of coffee. She placed the mug on the counter, and grabbing another roll, headed back up to her room to write the letter.