Chapter 5- I Do.

Michael found himself sitting next to the bridge by the river, hiding. He had found a small patch of forget-me-nots that made him think of Mali-Koa. “Oh, Mali-Koa,” he said, picking the flower and twirling it in his hand, “She probably thinks I’m a pussy. Just running out like that. She deserves better, doesn’t she?” He sighed, looking away from the flower. “This couldn’t be any worse, could it?” he asked, looking up at the sky. “Oh. My. God. Did you hear what happened tonight?” he heard a woman whisper. “About the wedding rehearsal?” another woman whispered. Of course. Two girls gossiping by the bridge. “I heard they’re not getting married because he was such a klutz,” the first one claimed. Their voices began fading away toward the town. Michael guessed that they had just been coming back from a walk. Without a second thought, Michael ran the opposite way from the voices, into the woods.

“Why is this so damn hard?” Michael asked out loud to nothing and no one in particular. “I mean seriously,” he said, slowing his pace, “With this hand, I will take your wine.” He paused for a moment, furrowing his eyebrows. “No. No, that’s not right,” he groaned, beginning to walk again. He went silent for a while, just walking and thinking. “With this hand,” he tried again, holding his hands to his chest, “I will cup your—” He realized what he was doing and quickly put his hands down to his sides. “Oh God no, you fucking pervert,” he cursed at himself. He became silent again and walked further, deeper into the woods. He didn’t even notice that it was dark and foggy. He just kept going, determined to learn his vows. “With this candle, I will...” he recited, stopping next to a fallen tree, “I will...” He heard a crow caw and he sighed. “I’ll set your mother on fire,” he said, mocking himself. “I’m such a fucking idiot,” he groaned, sitting on the log. He reached into his jacket pocket once more, pulling out the ring and the forget-me-not that he picked. He brought the small flower up to his nose, smelling the soothing scent. He smiled and put it back in his pocket, standing back up and holding out the ring.

“With this hand,” he spoke determinedly, “I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine.” He smiled, flipping the ring up into the air and catching it. “Oh, Mrs. Hood, you look stunning, this evening,” he said to a tree, before turning to shrub, “What’ s that, Mr. Hood? Oh, you’ve always thought of me as a son? I should call you dad?” He ran over to another log, breaking off a small branch and touching it to another one. “With this candle I will light your way in darkness,” he recited, turning to yet another stick in the ground. “With this ring,” he said, holding the ring once again in his fingers, “I ask you to be mine.” He slipped the ring onto a thin stick, proud of himself for reciting the entire vow. It was when the wind picked up and the crow cawed once more that he looked more closely at the stick. He examined it, noticing that it indeed looked like a hand. He looked around at the trees, noticing that the crow multiplied. There were now thousands sitting on branches in the trees, all staring at him. He gasped, panicking as he felt something grab his arm. He looked to see the stick that he put his ring on pulling his arm. He pulled back, fighting against it. He finally pulled hard enough that he fell backwards onto the ground, which he felt he had been too close to too many times today. He sighed in relief, looking at his arm only to begin panicking again when he saw that the hand was still gripping onto him. He quickly flailed his arm around, making the hand and attached arm fly off. The small pile of ice where the stick had been began to shake, causing Michael to start slowly backing away. Within seconds a woman emerged from the small mound, wearing a torn up wedding dress and a veil. She quickly swept the veil out of her face, revealing her almost seemingly flawless skin. Michael looked her in the eyes, feeling slightly terrified as two words escaped her lips. “I do.”

A/N: It's been a while since I updated this... Sorry :D Hope you enjoy it though! I think this is probably my favorite one out of my movie series tbh. Vote, comment, promote pleeease if you like this story :D ~Ali<3333