Chapter 13

Nico's POV

After about twenty minutes of just hugging each other. Me and my brother, Severus, unlatched from one another and he showed me the letter.

Dear Severus Tobius Snape,

This is your father, Hades. I feel like I owe you an explanation on why you were not claimed and how you evaded the prophecy until now. Years ago I had a fling with your mother while she was engaged. she became pregnant with you, and when I found out I instantly grew worried that your uncles would try to kill you as they did Nico and Bianca. Your mother was a witch, so she offered to do a secret blood adoption with her fiancé. The blood adoption would suppress the powers you would ultimately inherit from me. This would hide your identity from your uncles. The blood adoption and its effects would break once I claimed you as your son, and all your true powers will be enabled. The blood adoption was not strong enough to prevent all of your demigod side, so this is how you came to find Camp Half Blood. Please allow your brother to teach you these powers.

Hades

Wow.

Mixed emotions flood me and I don't know what to think or feel. I have a brother! But father never told us till now. Our life could have been so different. Maybe he would be the one to teach me powers instead. Maybe Bianca, Severus, and I would have been closer. He could have gotten to know her before she died. We could have been a little family.

Severus gets up and says he's heading to his room. I nod and get up too. I walk up the stairs and to my room with the influx of emotions that makes my head hurt.

I need Will. I really need him. But I can't talk to him now that I'm under cover. No.... so who else? I sit on my bed and Rose flys into my lap. She snuggles against my arm and caws. I smile a little and gently pet her head. "What am I going to do, Rose?" She looks up at me and Caws again before pecking and digging at my right pocket. I chuckle and lightly scold her, "Rose stop, what are you doing?"

I reach into my pocket to see if there is a treat or something in there that she wants, only to pull out a Drachma. She caws again and stamps her foot proudly. I smile at her and pet her again. "You want me to call someone, don't you Rose?"

"Caaaww"

Who can I call? Hazel? No, I don't want to tell her yet, not without Severus being here. The only other person I think of that I can contact now that I'm under cover is Neville, but he's mad at me right now. No. Screw it. I need him. The only thing is that I haven't learned the rainbow charm yet. I groan loudly. I can't ask Sev right now, he needs his space. I could look it up, but that could take too much time. I opt on asking Draco to do it for me.

Draco's POV

I'm laying on my bed contemplating tonight's events. I guess I was right, Nico and Severus are long lost brothers. I'm happy for them, but I'm sad for them too. From what I've heard, they had a sister who passed away. This must be a lot for him to take in, for Nico too.

Something that really confused me though was when Sev said, "after the second war." From what I know, he only lived through one completed war, and that was years ago. Well, 16 years ago anyways. The second is currently going on.

My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. Thinking it's Severus, I yell, "Come in." The door opens and I'm met with Nico instead. I'm a little surprised but I motion for him to come in. He looks a little shy, but asks, "can you do the rainbow charm? I haven't learned it yet, and Sev needs some space so I don't want to ask him." I frown, "I'm sorry, but I don't know it." Nico swears in Italian under his breath. "You can stay in here if you want. We can talk about it, or we can not. It's up to you." He nods his head then says, "alright, let me just get a book or two. Do you mind if I bring Rose?" A shake my head no, so he leaves the room to get his stuff.

He comes back with one if his books and Rose on his shoulder. He sits down on the floor near the bed and starts reading. I get up and decide to pick a book on Arithmancy, then sit back down criss cross applesauce. We read for about twenty minutes till I ask him, "What are you reading, if you don't mind me asking." I can't tell since it's in Greek. He looks up and says, "the necromancy book I got earlier. I already know most of it though, since I inherited the ability from my father." I raise my eyebrows, "So you can raise people from the dead?" He chuckles a bit, "No, not really. I can control skeletons." That must be why there were skeletons in his vault. "Where do you get them?" He smirks, "I can summon them."

He can summon skeletons?! What the fuck? I can tell I'm showing shock on my face because his smirk subsided a bit. I clear my throat and say, "sorry, it just caught me off guard." Nico shrugs his shoulders, "it's alright, I'm use to people at camp being scared of me. Neville is one of the only ones who isn't scared of me, which I find hilarious since he's so jumpy all the time." I laugh at the absurdity of the thought, "So, let me get this straight. Neville, who we all think is soooo for the light, and against the dark arts, spooked of everything.... helped create a torture method for your father. and is not only ok with you killing people, but controlling skeletons too?" I laugh again. "He should have been in Slytherin!"

This time he chuckles a bit and laughs, "he isn't?" I look a bit confused, "isn't what?" It comes out a little weird since I'm still laughing. "He isn't in Slytherin?" I look even more confused now. How does he not know what house his stepbrother is in. "We never really talk about his time in school. He was told to keep it a secret from me. I don't know why, but I never pushed the topic. I didn't even know he went to Hogwarts till the day in the shop." I'm surprised, "wow, so he knows of your school, but you don't know about his?" He just shrugs his shoulders and nods. "So what house is he in?" I snort then say, "Gryffindor." He blinks a few times before thinking aloud, "I can see that. He's rather reckless and brave. As well as annoyingly loyal." I can see reckless, but he seems scared of everything. Yet again, he was foolish enough to go with Potter to the department of Mysteries, and Longbottom isn't quite who I thought he was.

We go back to reading and I start thinking about what he told me so far. Neville is a ball of surprises. It's also strange that he isn't spooked out about skeletons raising from the ground. Wait, he said he practiced it at school, but isn't necromancy illegal- like, everywhere? "Hey Nico?" He looks up, "hmm?" "How can you practice Necromancy at your school?" He looks a little thrown off before saying, "Well you can say that what goes on in the school isn't observed by the law. The school and the campers mutually agree that we can study anything there, so long as we don't snitch. Even the 'goody two shoes' agree to the rule. It leaves a very unique school setting. Unfortunately, I am the only one studying the dark arts. Most others who break the law dabble in illegal potions or love magic. Some Herbology majors, like Neville, take care of illegal plants."

"Wow, that seems like a really cool school!" I say, then something dawned on me, "If you inherited Necromancy, then will Severus be able to do it too?" He smiles, "I'm not sure, there are several things he could inherit, we can test that out this week." I smile, "I guess we will find out."

Word count: 1434