28

POV: Mira

I can still hear her when she's in the hallway. 

"Oh, Draco, you look so wonderful! Would you accompany me to the great hall?" she asks. Nasty. The way she throws herself all over him is embarrassing. He clearly doesn't want her.

I turn to the mirror. I stand wearing nothing but my bra, underwear, and the holster. Shit. I'm going to be late and my dress is literally in shreds. I try fixing it up with spells but it's just not looking too good. I resort to wearing a different dress.

Fuck Pansy. Why did she have to ruin the dress. I didn't even look as good as she did.

I might as well try this time; but only to piss her off.

I go through my drawer again and pull out the gowns Mrs. Malfoy sent me. I almost forgot about them. I need to make a statement that Pansy can't ignore.

No. A statement no one can ignore.

Black maybe? I hold a black, tight dress up to my body and look in the mirror. No, I'll look like I'm going to a funeral. I put it down and grab a white one. I don't want to look like I'm getting married.

As I set it down, a small glitter catches my eye. I move all the clothes over and see a silver-ish dress. It's pretty and fairly revealing. Pansy will hate that. I slip into it.

It hugs my body showing every curve. Made of crystals, it shimmers against my brown skin. There are two slits running up the front of my thighs, exposing just enough. The v-dip in the front went down my chest showing the sides of my breasts. The straps were thicker, meaning they won't slip off. Mobility and comfort are key.

I take my hair out of the bun and pin some curls out of my face.

This certainly wasn't my first choice for an outfit but I look stunning.

I restrap the knife to my left thigh, hiding it with the jeweled fabric. I walk over the mirror. Something is missing. I put on a pair of long, dangling earrings sent by father, that way, he will be with me tonight. I take a deep breath and leave the room.

I'm ready.

Click, click, click. My heels echo through the hall as I approach the stairs leading down to the ball. I can't see anyone yet but I'm a bit nervous. I feel a bit overexposed. Both of my legs, my sternum, and half my boobs are out for the world to see. 

Oh well.

I take a deep breath and round the corner. I stand atop of the stairs and look at the crowd beneath me. I lock eyes with Pansy and her face immediately tells me I look absolutely extravagant.  

It's a boost of confidence.

Slowly, more heads turn to face me. Whispers sweep through the room. 

I fight the urge to smile. I need to look unfazed by the attention. Merlin, I love it though. This feeling of being powerful is just so....exhilarating. It's so hard not to smile.

I'm not even paying attention to myself slowly descending the stairs. My eyes left Pansy and now scan the room for Potter, and only Potter.

I see him standing next to Ron. They both look up at me and their jaws drop. I raise my eyebrows and slightly part my lips. His cheeks turn red and he turns away from me. As I near the bottom of the stairs, a new song begins and only a few peoples' eyes then linger on me.

I see Cedric approach the stairs.

"What an entrance," he says, holding out a hand.

"Thank you," I say, still without smiling. I take his hand as he guides me down the last few steps.