Chapter 8: Not all bruises can be seen

A few days before the second task started, we were all sat in the courtyard. It was like 29° or something. We all were wearing...revealing clothes? Apart from Loocie. She had Black Jeans on with a yellow shirt and white turtle neck jumper over the top . We could see her sweat but she stayed silent.

"Loocie, your sweating, take the jumper off" Roobie requested.

Loocie shook her head in disagreement. "I dont sweat" she snapped.

Noone said anything else to her. We were scared. She had never snapped like that to us before.

Louise opened her mouth to say something, but George gave he the 'I wouldnt bother' look and she shut up.

Later on, Loocie walked to her common room. She was being followed by Luna, as she turned to look she could see her walking after her, staring at her, chasing her, Loocie quickly began to speed up her pace until the hallways were eventually empty. She tripped over her shoelace and she looked up to see what was no longer a short, blondy but....Tom....

He knelt down and rolled her turtle neck down to see the bruise on her neck. He scoffed then put his hand up to the bruise and saw it was his hand print. Refusing the feel anything at all he took his hand away and helped her up.

"Use make-up next time" he said, then walked away hotly.

She stood there traumatised and rolled her turtle neck back up. She ran to her common room.

At around 5:15pm , I was sat at the top of the astronomy tower thinking about...her....thinking about Jacky. I smiled to myself while remembering that time in class when she stuck up for me. That's when a small feminine voice whispered "Hello luv, interrupting a deep thought?"

It was Jacky. She knew exactly what I was thinking. I could tell by the way she smiled at me. I laughed "Yes...sorta"

"Well..care to share?" She said willing to hear what I had to say.

I bit my lip trying not to laugh. "Well....if you have to know...I was thinking about" I looked at her and muttered "You...."

She didnt look surprised at all, she just smiled.

"I think I like you" I accidentally blurted out.

My face turned bright red , I put my hand over my mouth and quickly stood up. I tried to run down the stairs but Jacky stopped me. Without hesitation she grabbed my wrist and made me face her. I stared into her eyes and she kissed me.

I pull away, shocked and ran down the stairs to defence against the dark arts class.

"WAIT.....KIKI" She shouted running after me.

I ran into class, face red and sweating and I sat down in the corner of the room hoping that noone would notice.

I used a textbook to cover my face so again, Noone would notice. Jacky ran in. I peaked my head over the book and shes looked at me sadly and sat down in the seat that was closest to her. I put the book on the table and stood up and sat next to her.

"Sorry-..." I whispered.

She shook her head "it's my fault- I shouldn't hav-"

I cut her off "-meet me on the 3rd floor after class" I winked at her jokingly and walked back to my seat.

She smiled and looked back down at her textbook.

Class was over and lupin was clearly exhausted. The students rushed out of class excitedly as it was the last lesson of the day.

"Hurry up-" louise moaned at me.

"I'll meet you later I needa do something first" I replied while searching for my Quil that I had dropped mid lesson and couldnt be asked to pick it up at that time.