Toni looses control

Toni looses control

Toni was practically drowning in her own sweat.

Which yes is disgusting.

Who knew cheerleading could be so much work?

Cheryl was pushing them to their absolute limit. Toni’s pretty sure that Cheryl and Josie had a fight, if the cold glares at each other were anything to go by.

But Toni was panting, hands on her knees and sweating like a piglet.

“Who the fuck came up with this damn routine?” She muttered, wiping her forehead with her sleeve.

“That would be Queen B herself.” Veronica replied with a dry smile. Toni chuckled and shook her head.

“Of course it was.”

“Alright you poor excuses for Vixens. Run it back.” Cheryl ordered.

“Come on Blossom.” Toni panted, “Haven’t we been through it enough?”

Wrong thing to say.

Cheryl slowly looked down the line of Vixens and let her gaze rest on Toni. Her eyes narrowed, the room’s temperature dropped a few degrees and Toni shivered.

From the cold. Not the fact that Cheryl was super hot and even when on the prowl for a new victim to torture.

(Toni would totally be down for that)

Anyway, Cheryl carefully stalked over to Toni and glared down at her.

“Look here, little gang freak, I let you in because you’re half decent at dancing. But when I say run it back. You run. It. Back.” Cheryl snarled.

“Cheryl, lay off.” Betty sighed. Toni was suddenly glad for Veronica and Betty flanking her in the line.

“You have been a bit on the rough side of dictator today.” Veronica piped up. Cheryl glanced between the three of them, face perfectly calm. She glanced over at Josie who pointedly ignored her before she huffed loudly.

“Fine! Just because you dimwits can’t handle a little bit of work we’ll call it a day. I know none of you have my flawless work ethic so run along.” Cheryl sighed, waving them off to the locker rooms.

----

“Is she always that harsh?” Toni asked as Veronica handed her a towel.

“No. Not always. But I always keep a towel handy just in case she has a power trip.” Veronica said breezily.

The locker room was mostly empty pretty quickly. Apparently people didn’t want to see Cheryl come in after she finished clearing up the gym.

Toni was just shrugging her Serpent’s jacket back on when she heard a sigh coming from the door. She turned her head to see Cheryl walking in, making her jump.

“Jesus. Are you snakes always lurking?” Cheryl snapped. Toni raised her eyebrow and sat down on the bench.

“Sometimes.” Toni replied. “Although mostly no.”

Cheryl turned to her locker, glancing down at Josie’s briefly.

“You two have a fight?” Toni asked, looking down to where her hands were fiddling with the towel.

Cheryl froze, looking inside her locker as she blinked.

“Excuse me?” She replied. Toni stood up and leaned against the lockers next to Cheryl.

“You and Josie. You had a fight, right? That’s why practice was so brutal.” Toni said softly. Cheryl looked at her through the corner of her eye. She turned her body, hand on her hip and eyebrow raised.