Chapter Five

During the gruelling duel with Jeff, some part of Nina's small, impressionable young mind slowly began to decay. She was continuing to lose her sanity. The blades of the two killers had been locked together for what seemed like eternity.

"Hey, kid," Jeff taunted with a chuckle. "You put up a good 'fight'." He laughed.

Nina couldn't believe what was happening to her at the moment. She was fighting the very killer whom she'd idolized within the short time she knew about him, and now, she began to realize that she shouldn't have done so.

"Hey, you're older than me." Nina attempted to back-fire at Jeff. Jeff then shoved Nina to the ground, causing her knife to practically fly across the room.

"Yeah, but with age comes experience." Jeff informed like he was some type of university student. "And to think about it...". Jeff paused with a slight cough. "You're not a killer, are you?

Nina's sapphire pupils widened and her jaw dropped in sadness. "I...I thought-" she began to stutter.

"You're just a silly little bitch who's just fucked up in the head!" Jeff roared with psychotic laughter to follow.

Nina was lost for words. Part of her wanted to cry, but that feeling died off quickly. Awkwardly, Nina then climbed to her feet, ran up to Jeff and then punched him in the face. Her wrist let out a sharp and short cracking noise on impact. She then started running back for her knife.

Regaining himself, Jeff wiped a small trickle of blood that came from his bottom lip with the back of his scarred hand. His lip stung. He couldn't believe that a girl, one who was several years younger than him, had been brave enough to strike him. Jeff breathed deeply. "Fucking bitch." he murmured.

Nina glanced back at Jeff over her shoulder, but looked away upon seeing him. She couldn't barely to look at him anymore. He was dead to her now. She then ran out into the cold, autumn fog.

Jeff followed, not far behind. They both knew that this was the beginning of something much larger. A rivalry.