Chapter Twelve- Y/n

"LEAH, I'M COMING, GOSH, CHILL!" I yelled to my best friend, who was currently pounding on the door. I told her that I didn't want her to see me until I was done, and it was obviously driving her insane.
                "ADA AND I ARE DYING OUT HERE!" she over-dramatically groaned, causing me to laugh to myself while putting away my bronzer.
                "Just HOLD ON!" I told her, getting a muffled moan in return as her voice traveled down the hall, backing away from the door. I sighed as I went over to the armoire and pulled out my dress. I stared at it as it complimented my body perfectly.
                It was an off-the-shoulder, blue-bodiced, mildly-rhinestoned, ombre, high-low dress. A path of sewn-in jewels accentuated the waist, black fabric in between both lines of jewels. The skirt started out black then bled beautifully into a deep blue, the front landing a little below my knee and the back flowing all the way down to the floor. To say the least: it was gorgeous. Maybe a little too extravagant for just two friends going together but this was my first ball, and I was so excited. I knew as soon as I saw it while shopping for dresses with Leah and Ada in Muggle London I just had to have it.
                My hair, however, was simple yet elegant, not wanting to take away from the dress. It was in an updo, the hair spreading into a beautiful bun near the top of the back of my head. Loose strands of my brown hair hung down around my face, slightly curled to add emphasis. It complimented my makeup look that wasn't super fancy but wasn't casual enough for running around either.
               I took one last look in the mirror and after slipping on my simple black heels with the thin straps, I was done. I smoothed out my dress before opening the door, stepping out into the common room where my best friends' mouths dropped open. I blushed, seeing their astonished reaction.
             "Y/N?!" Leah and Ada gasped at the same time, looking me up and down with wide eyes that I laughed at.
            "The one and only," I giggled, glancing down at the clutch in my hands then back at them, the same reactions as before on their faces.
            "YOU'RE GORGEOUS!" Leah admired, coming closer and putting both arms around my waist, looking up and down at me.
             "Thank you," I blushed, meeting her proud eyes. She turned to Ada, pretending to sniffle.
             "Our big sis is all grown up," she smiled, acting like my mother.
             "I know! It's crazy to think you're 15!" Ada gasped, releasing a giggle.
            "And then you're gonna be graduating in three years...," Leah's voice trailed off as I shushed her, smiling from ear to ear.
            "We don't talk about that," I winked, pretending to be sad. I clapped my hands together, beaming at my friends
           "So, where are Neville and Cedric?" I asked with a grin, receiving blushes in return from both girls.
           "They're waiting outside, probably being all awkward and making small talk," Leah laughed, scratching the back of her head, which was free of her usual long brown hair. Instead it was tucked into a braid behind her head, outlining her beautiful facial features.
           "Probably,"  Ada giggled, a strand of her bright red hair bouncing back in her face instead of staying in her curled ponytail, taking in a deep breath and blowing it out of her face, smiling right after.
           "Well, let's get going then, shall we? We have a ball to go to!"  I beamed, heading to the door and seeing the two dates leaning against opposite walls, reaffirming their stances as we came from the door.
           "Hello ladies," Cedric greeted with a smile, causing Ada to turn beet red. She gave a small, awkward wave that made Leah and I laugh to ourselves while she linked her arm in his. Leah did the same with Neville as we started walking down the hall, leading us to the grand staircase.
           "You all look ravishing tonight. Especially you," Cedric grinned, whispering the last part to Ada while nudging her in the side, causing her blush even more than she already was. Leah and I shared a smile at their chemistry and kept walking, eventually coming to the stairs.
           "I know a secret way into the ball without having to go through the crowds of people. Y/n you coming?" Cedric asked as I lingered behind by the staircase, Ada, Leah, and Neville at his side.
           "I told Draco I'd meet him outside the ball but I'll see you guys in there!" I smiled, getting a nod in return.
           "Ok, suit yourself," he shrugged, pulling Ada down the hall while Leah and Neville stayed close behind. When they were out of view down the corridor, I took a deep breath, making sure I was behind a pillar so people wouldn't see me nearly palpitating because of nerves from below. I steadied myself, putting on a brave face as I started making my way down the staircase.
            I looked up from the floor and saw all eyes on me, causing me to immediately start shaking as well as blushing. I saw Draco talking to Blaise and his friend nudged him in the arm, pointing with his eyes to the staircase. I brought my gaze back to the stairs beneath my feet, trying to hide my red cheeks.
           But even though I wasn't looking, I knew he was watching me. I could feel it like the morning dew underneath my feet on a winter day, telling me spring was near. I didn't know what it was, but something was different. I could just sense it in the way his eyes fixed on me, as if they were glued to my body. But everyone was staring, so him looking meant no different.
           Or at least I thought so.