Chapter 1

*( ___ >// *

"aw man...is it really that obvious?"                                                                               (!//_ *- 

                Winter had arrived at UA. With only one week left till the Holiday Ball, students' minds were not on their lessons, but rather on the thrilling idea of spending an evening with their friends, and possible lovers, all dressed up. There would be food, music, and hopefully a time for long-awaited confessions. 

           You fiddled with the tip of your pencil and tapped your foot quietly. Aizawa-sensai was droning on about something, and while it was unlike you not to listen, you kept stealing glances of a particular black- haired boy seated next to you. 

           He didn't notice your eyes as they wandered all over his calm expression. They skimmed over his smooth hair, down to his strong arms, which you desperately wished would hold you. Your gaze fell to his chest, and you flushed a light pink at the thought of seeing it bare. 

          You shook your head, trying to rid yourself of these romantic fantasies during class. 

           Hopefully, he would ask you to be his date for the dance at lunch or after school. You knew you had every right to ask him yourself, but throughout the past couple of weeks you had dropped obvious hints of your feelings  towards him and even joked that if both of you still didn't have a date, you should go together. It appeared that he still hasn't picked up on the hints over the course of that last few days, and you were starting to get anxious. You really didn't want to be the one to ask him, you worried your good friendship with this boy would be lost if he rejected you. 

Why does sero make me so utterly nervous?  You thought out of annoyance.  

         Ever since you realized you had strong feelings for the goofty-grinned, tape boy, you always got so nervous and flustered around him. His opinion on anything was so important to you. Everything from the way your hair looked, to how you trained, you worried what he thought. 

         Whenever Sero threw you the slightest compliment, it made your entire day. 

Even though your head was still jumbled up with all your daydreams of Sero, your eyes had shifted back to your notebook laying open on your desk. 

         As your propped your head up with your head up with your hand, you didn't notice the ravenette tilt his head slightly in your direction, smiling to himself.