Chapter 4: Life Moves On

The air in the barn was still. Yolk stared at Jasper and started to walk towards the cow. Jasper replied to the steps with a curtly moo. Yolk grabbed a bucket and stool and the two entities in the room knew what had to be done. Jasper moseied into the stall and Yolk sat onto the stool. She placed the bucket beneath the cow and started to work. Yolk remembers when she didn't have to work, when her days were filled with splendor. She was young then, only a child. She had dreamed to escape the farm life and travel to the biggest of all the cities. She had hoped to live a flourish and lavish lifestyle. Live off of some old, and almost dead mans money. However, Fortune has cast Yolk away. Yolk's family got into deep trouble with some outlaws. A mafia they were more like. Her father and burdened the mafia and forever was paying them off. Unfortunately, the day came where his money wasn't good enough. Yolk was the only one who survived. She hid deep in the barn's cellar and when she climbed back out the wasn't another human on the entire plot. No trouble comes her way anymore and even if there was, Piper and Alex would protect the farm. But nows not the time for remembering there's work to be done.