Chapter 1 - Ten Years

Today was a very important day for Ponyville, well for Twilight and her friends at least. Hosting something big at her castle has been done before, but not this. No, today was the day Twilight felt least prepared for. She's done big, bold, and extravagant things, but this is something where a hair out of place could set Twilight over.

Almost everyone was beaming with joy to celebrate the day Twilight came to Ponyville, but most of all, for the day the Princess of Friendship meet the friends that gave her that title.

And though Spike was happy for this day too, he dreaded pacing around the room trying to keep up with Twilight and checking everything, and then again, and again...and again.

"Twilight, don't you think that.. we've checked everything enough?" Spike huffed, bending over with the scroll and quill in his hands.

Twilight scoffed, "Hardly, I did not wake up till 2:00 am to have a thing out of place." Twilight lifted her huff to her chin. "Speaking of which, how many hay-sandwiches do we have?"

Spike signed at Twilight's question and rolled his eyes as he answered,208, set five meters away from Celestia's chair to 'pick up tons of attention, but not so close that everypony wants one'." Spike said unenthusiastically mocking Twilight's odd demands.

"Hey..." Twilight gave a cold stare once she caught on to what Spike meant. "It's not like you have anyone else to compare it too!" Twilight exclaimed, highly annoyed. "The other girls were supposed to be here five-"

SLAM

The door to the room of the castle opened, slamming on the castle's walls startling Twilight and Spike, on the other side of the doorway, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity had all the things they needed for the ceremony being pulled on a wagon by Applejack.

Rarity strutted in the room examining the decore. "Sorry, we're late darling, the train ride was a bit slower than we anticipated." Rarity apologized as she used her magic to lift off the yellow ribbon at the door and replaced it with a blue one.

"And blue fits better for the mood of the soiree." Rarity explained with a smile.

Rainbow flew in and landing on the castle floor, admiring the place in her Wonderbolt outfit. "We also had a bit of a hard time picking the best flowers for our memorials. I mean, I know I'm awesome, but don't you think making memorial's for us this early is a bit odd?" Rainbow asked Twilight.

"I figured, we'd start a tradition, the memorials will be most active during the time we'll be alive. Every year, we can put some a bouquet in the flower holder. That is if you guys are okay with it?" Twilight looked away in embarrassment at the thought that she forgot such an important detail.

Pinkie, somehow, pop up behind Twilight. "It's a great idea! but one question, if you're an alicorn doesn't that mean you'll be putting flowers on yours forever?" Pinkie asked, out of her normal excited tone of voice.

Fluttershy chimed in, "It would be appropriate considering she's the princess."  

"Well, I'd put flowers in all of yours. That way, you guy's flower holders will have more than mine, and if others want to, I don't see anything wrong with putting flowers in mine." 

Applejack took the straps off that connected her to the wagon. "Before you know it, it'll be just as big as the Summer Sun Celebration was." Applejack said with glee.

The thought hit Twilight again, she was excited and all and all grateful for her friends being here and today, but she could turn her head just picture them not being there. Twilight violently shook her head to shake such an eerie feeling out of her head, today didn't deserve thoughts like that.