vii.

soon, food was being served. amazing delicacies ranging from seafood to pastas to salad. your mouth watered at the mere sight of it. you wasted no time in loading your plate with almost everything the diner had to offer. suga raised an amused eyebrow as jin copied your actions.

without much conversation, the nine of you ate until you were full. very soon, you were politely wiping your mouth with a napkin and trying not to doze off. when you were full, often you would fall asleep almost instantly, which would be disastrous since you would most likely end up on yoongi or jin's shoulder. or worse yet, one of their laps. 

after everyone had finished eating, jin-ae clapped her hands excitedly, signaling that she wanted to say something while swallowing her last bite of food. with a gulp, she hurriedly stumbled over her words. "i know! why don't we play truth or dare, combined with spin the bottle?"

"but we don't have any bottles, only cups." you bluntly pointed out through a yawn. you were trying to get her to stop playing the game, because you knew the moment the bottle landed on you, jin-ae would dare you to do something, most likely inappropriate, with one of the members. and if you chose truth, jin-ae would make you share something as equally embarrassing.

wordlessly, jin-ae folded a napkin into a tall triangle and stuck it in a cup, making the cup usable for the game. she gave a triumphant smirk as you groaned, placing your head on the table. "now then! i'll go first!"

your sister spun the uh... 'bottle' and you silently prayed for it not to land on you. as if god was answering your prayers, the bottle landed squarely on jimin. jin-ae grinned. "jimin, truth or dare?"

the blonde thought for a minute. "truth."

jin-ae looked slightly disappointed. "hmm. if all the members were girls, who would you date?"

jimin played with his sleeves as he thought. "i think... either jin or suga." next, jimin spun the bottle. it narrowly missed you and landed on yoongi. "truth or dare?" jimin said cutely.

"dare." suga said shortly.

"i dare you to pick either the person to your left or right and act like a couple with them for the rest of the night." 

on his left: jin-ae. on his right: you. suga nodded to you. you made a small squeak. how did couples act again? right, hugging, cuddling, holding hands and... kissing. yoongi grabbed your hand under the table and intertwined your fingers. you swore your heart was racing a million miles an hour.

"hang on, shouldn't we be able to see how they act as a couple? just so we know you two won't stop halfway through." jin-ae said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"well, what do you want me to do? rest my head on his shoulder?" you said sarcastically, glaring at her.

"actually, yeah, that'd be great."

fuck. you'd gotten yourself into more than you signed up for you thought as you gently rested your head on suga's shoulder. you were trying extremely hard to hide your ears that were currently burning up, and silently prayed jin-ae wouldn't notice and make fun of you. as suga spun the bottle with his other hand, you noticed how comfortable it was with your head on his shoulder, like you could achieve your dream of sleeping. 

you dully noticed as the bottle landed on namjoon. "truth or dare?" suga asked.

"dare." the younger replied, running a hand through his hair.

"i dare you to get your knife and dice that onion on your plate." namjoon had in fact, left a couple of pieces of onion on his plate. what he'd dared sounded fairly easy to do, but as namjoon picked up his knife and held it upside down, it was clear to you why he'd dared him to do that.

jin rushed out of his seat next to you to his side. "no!" he delicately directed namjoon's knife the right way around. at jin's careful direction, namjoon successfully diced the onion into... creative chunks.

pushing the onions into a neat pile on his plate, namjoon spun the bottle. it spun around a couple of times before coming to a stop on jin-ae. "truth or dare?"

"truth." you tried to glare at her around yoongi. of course she'd pick truth.

"why are you and nari so poor?" namjoon asked with innocent curiosity. you both stiffened.

"are you okay to answer, jin-ae?" you asked, temporarily taking your head off yoongi's shoulder to look at her. her eyes were blank as she shook her head, her mind in another place.

you cleared your throat and leaned forward, putting suga's hand that was still intertwined with yours on your leg. "our parents died in a car crash a little over a year ago," you began, swallowing. "i was in the car as well, but the worst i suffered was a broken arm and leg. we were left with their inheritance of course, but we were young and reckless and jin-ae spent it out partying with her friends. since then, we've been barely scraping by with the money we earn from the shop and my performances in the park."

your story was met with silence across the table. yoongi gave your hand a comforting squeeze as you settled back down onto his shoulder. several of the members looked down at their laps or fiddled with their sleeves. jin-ae shook her head and tried for a smile. "s-so, shall we continue?" but she gave no room for argument as she reached forward and spun the cup.

soon laughter and smiles returned to the table as jin-ae asked hoseok to reveal the weirdest thing about his roommate. even as the game passed, you were slightly out of it, dozing off on yoongi's shoulder, feeling the warmth of his hand and the way he subconsciously ran his thumb over your knuckles.