p r o l o g u e

Alex came through the doors of the apartment he shares with Amelia soaking wet with the rain pouring outside. Setting down the umbrella to dry he noticed how his friend was surrounded by papers spread out on their coffee table in front of the tv.

"Amie, 8 pm na tigilan mo ang trabaho. Hindi pa day off natin sa opisina today?" He told her while grabbing the water from the fridge.

"Final details only promise." Still typing fast on her laptop. "And... Finished! Tapos na ang planning para sa kasal next week." Amelia raised her hands in the air and let out a big sigh.

Alex walked up to her and started cleaning the files so he can sit down. Out of the two business owners she was always the most practical one while he focused on all the aesthetics of the overall wedding. The dream team everyone back home in the Philippines and even over in New York City called them.

"Anong oras ba sa Pinas? Pwede ba mag call tayo?" Alex asked.

"8:53 PM dito so 8:53 AM doon. Lex, six years na natin dito hindi mo parin alam ang time difference?" She laughed as Alex pulled up the world clock app on his phone before Amelia told him the time. "Tinext ko si Kyle.. Sabi nya facetime him before pumasok sya."

"Sige si Listal kausapan natin."

Amelia just nodded exiting out of her browser to reveal her desktop background before going to her facetime app. Alex noticed the background all to well. The last barkada hangout before they went their separate ways. Almost seven years ago. His eyes automatically went to the middle of the picture where Amelia was. And right behind Amelia was Collin hugging her from behind.

Collin Alvarez.

The best friend that to this day Amelia denies feelings for. But even from that picture anyone can see that it is different. It can be seen in her wide smile.

"Seven years old ang background picture mo yan."

"Memories eh, miss ko na sila."

"Miss mo sila? Or sya." Alex pointed at Collin.

"Tigilan mo yan Alex." She shook her head and pressed call next to Kyle's name.

After three rings they saw Kyle's face on Amelia's screen smiling.

"Mga New Yorkers kumusta na kayo?"

"Wala lang tinapos ko lang yung trabaho dito, kayo?" Amelia answered for them.

"Dito? Walang news, parang same lang." Kyle stopped for a minute and then made a face showing he has something to say. "Hindi pala! May kailangan kayong malaman.."

Alex looked at the screen wide eyed right at Kyle knowing what he is going to say. Hoping he doesn't say what he thinks will come out of his mouth.

"Ano yon Listal?" Alex spoke.

"Sa tingin ko..."

"Ano ba Kyle?" Alex spoke again hoping Kyle notices the tone.

"Wedding bells are ringing, so kailangan nyo bumalik dito para mag plan tayong lahat."

"Wedding? Sino?"

"Si Lilith!"

As Amelia and Kyle spoke more Alex notices how excited Amelia is getting realizing that the youngest in their group is in a stable relationship leading to marriage. What Amelia doesn't know is who it is with.

Collin Alvarez.