01.

Scenes in italics are flashbacks.

Manila, Philippines (2016)

Amelia and Alex arrived back to their home city like they do every year since they had left for New York shortly after graduation from university. Here they are now at the airport waiting for their bags to come through both heavily jet lagged.

"Anong iniisip mo dyan Am?" Alex asked. "Yung luggage mo nag karating na.. Dalawang beses!"

"Wala, pagod lang."

Alex knows Amelia is lying. Just by her looking at her phone repeatedly since they had gotten service Alex knew what she was waiting for. She was waiting for his text to come through. To say that he is outside the gates.

"Nag paramdam na ba si best friend?"

"Hindi pa."

He always does when they return from New York. The only time she pays attention to her. When she is here. But, she can never feel that love when she is on the other side of the world. The time when she needs it the most. But for him? She will handle it.

"Mag text ba sya?"

Before Amelia could reply a text appeared on her phone.

New York City, United States of America (2020)

Alex and Amelia are in their offices again waiting for the newlyweds they have helped recently to come and tell them how their wedding went. This is the part that both of them love the most. Hearing how the bride's dreams came true. Hearing how even though the groom just wanted his bride to be happy he still managed to enjoy the reception.

Amelia was caught up in her work that she didn't notice how her phone kept going off from different notifications from their barkada group chat. Alex was the one replying.

"Hoy Tarren, care to join the meeting preparations?" Amelia put down her glasses and turned to face her friend turned business partner.

"Nag chat lang ako sa kanila... Sinabi ko na hindi tayo pwede mag uwi ngayon. Again." Alex sighed and put down his phone to go back to work.

Amelia looked at her phone and noticed the disappointed messages from their friends and she saw Collin's message. Which made her wish they were able to fly back right away. But with their business getting more attention than usual it is not possible.

"Kung may pa raan Alex, gawin natin." Amelia put down her phone and told their assistant to bring in the newlyweds waiting outside their door.